advertisement

[FS] Doge 8 valve remote-controlled preamp with phono stage.

flinx

pfm Member
A Doge 8 tube preamp with phono stage on offer, these don’t come up for sale often, probably due to the hassle and cost of importation. This is in full working order and in excellent condition with no issues that I can see.

Build quality is very impressive, it’s built like the proverbial and weighs a ton. The remote looks and feels like it has been machined from a solid billet of aluminium.
It has a built-in phono preamp with MM and MC input and Hi/Low input impedance switch for the phono stage.
I was informed by the previous owner that he put in 4 12ax7 JG 5751 made in USA and 4 RTC 12AX7 WA tubes, NOS. With approx 300-400 hrs use on them. I am a complete noob as far as valves are concerned so I cannot confirm this, but I have no reason to doubt the info.

Important Note. Looking through the correspondence with the owner, it looks like the technician from the dealer where he had bought this had modified the amp.
"He preferred to leave only one MM entry because the MC entry was not of good quality."
I can only assume this was done to increase the performance of the MM stage due to by-passing the MC circuits but that's just a guess. I don't know what specifically the mod entailed but I don't think it would be to extensive.This was not an issue for me as I use a separate phono stage and by all accounts using the MM input with a quality transformer or head amp would give better results.

I bought this and used it for a week (less than 10hrs) then I went down the passive preamp route, as I did not need the extra gain of an active preamp. This has been in storage since.
£1200 + P&P or collected from Cheshire. ( Wam taxi may be an option for this)
I don’t have original packaging but it will be extremely well packaged for post.

Lots of good reviews for this preamp on the web. Its very well rated by Arthur Salvatore on his high –endaudio site.
Here are couple reviews to give general idea.
https://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/doge8_preamp_e.html
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...olled-stereo-preamplifier-phono-stage.495427/

IMG-doge-3.jpg

IMG-doge-5.jpg

IMG-doge-7.jpg

IMG-doge-8.jpg

IMG-doge-14.jpg

Hello, I've actually been looking for one of these Preamps. Do you ship to U.S.A.? I ask w/o really being sure how much that would be. Let me know. Thanks.

advertisement

Back