advertisement

Does anyone have a vinyl only system?

My 2nd system (a dj set up) is vinyl only.

My main hifi system is vinyl / streaming. I stream when I have music in the background or if its something i dont have on vinyl. But when it's a proper listening session, then it's mainly vinyl.

I have a vinyl only system. I do also have a Revox R2R but it’s not connected up. I use Spotify in the car.

Always had a turntable based system since I started in hi fi in 1973. I have dabbled with CD as a secondary source, but never really enjoyed CDs as much as vinyl. Did enjoy the CDS2 and CDS3 some years ago. Currently use a Well Tempered Versalex, which is a superb tt.
started with a Garrard SP25, Goldring G101, Pioneer PL12D, Trio KD1033B, Dual CS505, Linn Axis, Linn Sondek (twice) and the WT Versalex.
Peter

Technics SL1200GR + NAD C316BEE V2 + NEAT Iota here.

I use either a Rothwell SUT on the phono input of the NAD, or an older (2009) Nagra BPS on a line input. No other source components,

Regards, flux

“Two margarines on the go, it's a nightmare scenario
Two margarines in my life
Doesn't seem to bother my wife
She's the one who ignored the first
And opened the second which began the curse
Of the two margarines, is there anything worsе?”

John Shuttleworth

Main system is Vinyl, based on a Vertere DG-1 TT I bought last year. I have about 200 LPs and slowly add more when I pop into a used record shop. I occasionally buy new vinyl. I have Qobuz for the car (Apple car play) and looking for new stuff.
The Vertere feeds a Devialet 250 which has a superb digital phono stage. My LPs have never sounded better than with this combination.

advertisement

Back