advertisement

Dodgy Naim "servicing"

S_J

pfm Member
Tiny reservoir caps with shitty foam holding them securely in place (not), silly reg board caps (the very big and the very small - with the small one doing the most difficult job!) and not even replaced the tants. Looks like Wilkinson's HiFi is a clueless hack and is ripping the seller off, they obviously don't know any better. For shame!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11513868...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ah, I see - surprised at this as I've used Wilkinson's on a couple of occasions and been happy with their services.

I suspect the previous owner got 2 prices from the service agent, the right price and the cheap price and went for the cheap price as they were moving it on.

The old saying "buy cheap, buy twice" springs to mind! That bodge with the foam and the smaller diameter caps really annoys me though, it's unforgivable whatever the budget.

It looks like they paid least attention to the most important capacitors in the 250. :eek:

advertisement

Back