advertisement

Do your speakers disappear when listening

How good our your speakers at doing the disappearing act?

Sorry, I read the first few posts and lost interest in reading the rest of them. ;)

But, yes, my Maggies do "disappear" - the sound I hear does not come from the speakers ... all I get is a wall of sound. :D (With a big sweet spot.)

Something that panel speakers do very well (compared to monkey-coffins). :p

Regards,

Andy

You can get most speakers to 'disappear', even quite cheap ones. It's not necessarily an indication of quality, just a personal preference or accident of set-up and in some cases actively detrimental to a system's ability to play music.

My Diapason's do pretty well in dissapearing.
I agree with Mr. Pig. I think most part of the dissapearing act is based on proper set-up.

I am surprised no one has talked about the recording engineers intention;surely his experience, or lack of it will influence how much the speakers disappear.
I find with my Vandersteen speakers ( small room toe'd in a lot) that the 'image' is positioned nicely between them but that often instruments are very noticeably from the speakers themselves.

Raj,

My bad sozz Joe. I was of the opinion that both could be engaged.
Aye, that they can.... if you have the powerrrrr, laddie.

Joe

Raj,

I feel so inadequate. I have only 40 watts into 8Ω and I'm probably within an inch of 3% THD!

Joe

The sauce tells me that you guys are willy waving and such puny little things they are.

A real man has >1600w unclipped per channel into 4 Ohms and a current bursts >150A into 1 Ohm fizzzzzzzz. I could arc weld with that 22.5KW!

Cheers,

DV

Raj,

I feel so inadequate. I have only 40 watts into 8Ω and I'm probably within an inch of 3% THD!

Joe

I bury you with:

Total Harmonic Distortion + NoiseTypically 20Hz to 20kHz:

0.002% @ 1kHz, 150W into 8Ω
less than 0.040%, 150W into 8Ω

The sauce tells me that you guys are willy waving and such puny little things they are.

A real man has >1600w unclipped per channel into 4 Ohms and a max current of 150A into 1 Ohm fizzzzzzzz. I could arc weld with that 22.5KW!

Cheers,

DV

DV, you'ziz the dark lord after all, but not a man, man.

DV,

But I have 8% efficiency horn-loaded speakers, not a pair of cute cube heaters that can be coaxed into producing sound if they're fed sufficient power, which, of course, is >1600w unclipped per channel into 4Ω and a max current of 150A into 1Ω. ;-)

Joe

advertisement

Back