advertisement

Do you pay for Photoshop CC or other Adobe monthly plans?

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Thanks to a heads up on a car forum, I logged into my Adobe account, clicked on the chat button, said I wanted to cancel, clicked "because it's too expensive", then Continue, and I was offered the option of three months for free. No chatting to anyone, just a few clicks and that was it.

On the forum I saw this on, one guy said that after three months he clicked cancel again, and he was then offered his Suite for half price for a year! He'll save £450.

I'm saving £30 in total, but hey, that's a decent takeaway for two :)

I have a lifetime Lightroom Classic CC thanks to Leica, but now mostly use Capture One Pro 11, which is an outright purchase. It makes Lightroom seem like a very blunt instrument.

I'm running Adobe Creative Suite 6, the last version of CS that was available as an installation rather than a monthly subscription. I bought it using an education discount, so while not cheap it wasn't exorbitant.

I'm fine until that day I upgrade my camera to something made after ~2013, assuming I want to shoot in the RAW.

I really don't want to switch to the subscription model but I that day will come, and when it comes it will be rued. Rue the day, I will cry. I might even start a thread about it.

Joe

I ditched CC about six months ago, using OnOne Raw and a PS competitor whose name currently escapes me. I just got fed up of the constant drip fees...

I've used a few of the alternatives now, but bottom line is, if you really use all of photoshop, there's no alternative. Lightroom has some competitors but I am so used to the workflow on a Mac I can't be bothered to change. New computer next year will therefore mean I have to buy the PS/LR subscription.

advertisement

Back