advertisement

Do men drink cocktails?

any cocktail bar worth it's salt is table service only - LCC used to be manic, but The Bar with No Name, Bar Termini exude calmness.

You won't be finding bottle juggling in the above. Perhaps some twirling of empty shakers or measures

I think I'll pass. My days of going to bars in central london are over. It's all just stress, noise and overcrowding to me now. I don't mind a bit of energy in a venue but I just can't be bothered with spending 20 minutes at a 3 deep bar being continously jostled by drunk people just to be served a drink.
The more "genteel" (but not necessarily more expensive) places will provide comfy sofas and table service. That also means they don't have to employ juggling eye-candy behind the bar - just efficient bar staff who, if they don't know how to make something, know where to look.

any cocktail bar worth it's salt is table service only - LCC used to be manic, but The Bar with No Name, Bar Termini exude calmness.

You won't be finding bottle juggling in the above. Perhaps some twirling of empty shakers or measures
Bar Termini is great if you get there early enough (Saturday morning late breakfast, just in time for lunchtime Negronis!)

A shout out for Coupette on Bethnal Green Road. A bit more rough and ready compared to Termini but the staff really know their booze and the prices are at the "normal" end of the spectrum.

Possibly not. Is 'The Beath' in Ayr or Kilwinning by any chance?
Cowdenbeath High St. When I was staying there I walked into said bar at 1030 on a Monday night and a woman staggered out and vomited in the doorway, inches away from my shoes. Classy, I thought.

Cowdenbeath High St. When I was staying there I walked into said bar at 1030 on a Monday night and a woman staggered out and vomited in the doorway, inches away from my shoes. Classy, I thought.
like many locals up and down the country including my own.

like many locals up and down the country including my own.
I'm sure. However in 40-odd years of drinking in pubs all over the land I've never before had to jump out of a pub doorway on a Monday night in order to save my shoes from getting pebbledashed. Perhaps it's routine out your way.

I'm sure. However in 40-odd years of drinking in pubs all over the land I've never before had to jump out of a pub doorway on a Monday night in order to save my shoes from getting pebbledashed. Perhaps it's routine out your way.

yep pretty regular, along with people sh1tt1ng themselves in the public bar, or daubing the walls of the gents with excrement or the punch up between two teams in the quiz, or the bloke watching his ladies online and going to the toilet to satisfy his urge......puking in the entrance is a minor matter

yep pretty regular, along with people sh1tt1ng themselves in the public bar, or daubing the walls of the gents with excrement or the punch up between two teams in the quiz, or the bloke watching his ladies online and going to the toilet to satisfy his urge......puking in the entrance is a minor matter
Nice bars you frequent. I'll stay away.

advertisement

Back