advertisement

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
I got this double album way back.
Whilst it isn’t a frequent spinner on my turntable, I do play it and remain interested.
made entirely of samples (I think)
He sure can paint a picture with music and sound.

a few days ago I noticed that someone on the ‘what you playing now‘ thread highlighted a new remaster.
I have compared the 1996 vinyl with the 2024 release, and against the/my grain I find the remaster to be great.

The amount of tracks per side has changed a little -
Whereas the 1996 A-Side ends with ‘The Number Song,’ the 2024 version A-Side ends with ‘Changeling Transmission 1’
(I haven’t checked the releases that I don’t have.)
The remaster has an extra track ‘What Does Your Soul Look Like Pt. 4’ which was on the original c.d. :cool:

my old version

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing..... album cover
More images
Label:Mo Wax – MW059
Format:2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
Released:16 Sep 1996
Genre:Electronic, Hip Hop
Style:Instrumental, Downtempo, Cut-up/DJ, Trip Hop

current vinyl- 2024

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing..... album cover
More images
Label:[PIAS] – PIASC1061DLP, Universal – 5400863157159, Mo Wax – 5400863157159, Island Records – 5400863157159
Series:Mastered At Abbey Road Studios - Half Speed Mastering
Format:2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Gatefold, Abbey Road Half-Speed Master Edition, 25th Anniversary Edition
Released:5 Apr 2024
Genre:Electronic, Hip Hop

a Tony link.
I paid just under £30 - double vinyl, clean pressing and nicely dynamic. cool beans. MP3 version download on amazon when vinyl purchased

amazon link

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Brilliant record. I only have the CD but don't really feel the need to upgrade.

I've always loved the photo on the sleeve. They guy on the left with an armful of records. The guy on the right listening on a portable turntable. Racks and racks of second hand records. Heaven.

P.S. This compilation uses another photo taken at the time.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

I'd never thought about who took the shot. I'd assumed it was a just a snap but it was taken by an Irish born photographer called Brian Cross who moved to LA and become interested in 90s hip-hop. His first credit in Discogs is the sleeve of an Eazy E 12" from 1993. He also took the sleeve photos for Brainfreeze and Product Placement - both records I love.

A superb album, I’ve only ever had the CD. It dates from the time I was contracting in That London and often had a lengthy commute that needed a CD Walkman to cope with.

Brilliant record. I only have the CD but don't really feel the need to upgrade.

I've always loved the photo on the sleeve. They guy on the left with an armful of records. The guy on the right listening on a portable turntable. Racks and racks of second hand records. Heaven.
Isn't "the guy on the right" Josh Davis hisself?

It’s very clever but it’s never really landed with me. I tired at the time & had another go recently. I think, at the time, I was more into Massive Attack, Portishead so preferred vocals. Really liked the Avalanche’s record, now that was next level.

Great record. Lost my original cd a long time ago. Got a vinyl pressing a couple of years ago for Christmas. Still gets the odd run out every now and then.

At the time I really liked DJ Shadow. UNKLE was also brilliant and very well recorded. One of my test records back then. I'll take a listen to it very soon, been too long :)

advertisement

Back