advertisement

DIY ES9018 Dual Mono Build

Have enjoyed reading your experiences Avinash. I noticed you mentioned the LME49713, did you prefer it to the AD811 then?

Have enjoyed reading your experiences Avinash. I noticed you mentioned the LME49713, did you prefer it to the AD811 then?

Yes I think I do prefer the LME49713's. They seem to have the clarity and the preciseness of the LME49990's with the bass performance and the dynamics of the AD811's. The LME49713's are a bit more difficult to get stable in this circuit though and even with using 1K Low Q ferrite beads, stability is still marginal and variable.

Yep the 49712/3, 49720, and related variants of the LM 4562 (inc the 4562) seem to have problems when faced with RF on the input. I've found them problematic when used for filters; I'd not choose them for I/V use.

Yes I think I do prefer the LME49713's. They seem to have the clarity and the preciseness of the LME49990's with the bass performance and the dynamics of the AD811's. The LME49713's are a bit more difficult to get stable in this circuit though and even with using 1K Low Q ferrite beads, stability is still marginal and variable.

Maybe it needs a larger / smaller feedback cap?

Me, I'm going to be trying the ADA4898 for I/V. JCX on DIYaudio has been advocating them for I/V due to highly linear input stages that are more immune to RF.

Maybe it needs a larger / smaller feedback cap?

Me, I'm going to be trying the ADA4898 for I/V. JCX on DIYaudio has been advocating them for I/V due to highly linear input stages that are more immune to RF.

Well I have them and very good do they sound too. No stability issues in this circuit. Distortion/Noise spec close to LME49990 but has higher output current and better slew rate.
TBH the SQ is almost as good (if not equal to) as the LME49713's so they are my fall back option if I find the LME49713's too temperamental.
I can't believe that discrete stages would be better than these two op amps. Must do a side by side comparison with Tony's (Bemused) SEN IV to be sure though.

Yep the 49712/3, 49720, and related variants of the LM 4562 (inc the 4562) seem to have problems when faced with RF on the input. I've found them problematic when used for filters; I'd not choose them for I/V use.

The LME49710's are very stable in this circuit. However its noise/distortion performance is not as good as some of the others and this is clearly audible eg LMe49990's. The price to pay is some effort in getting stability but once you get them stable, the sound is glorious.

advertisement

Back