advertisement

DIY > CB radio PSU for SBTouch...

jonnoshore

physicist, engineer and healer
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I tried a CB power supply and although it was relatively easy to get the required voltage I found that the transformer was very noisy.
I hope that you have more luck with yours.

I think the CB PS/transformer on the AOS forum is pretty much exactly the same as the one a friend gave me for use with the Dacmagic Plus. It was fairly easy to turn down the the output to 12V, it's not noisy (at least i can't hear it!) but i can feel a tiny bit mechanical vibration from it if i put my hand on it.

Thought that I sould mention that the Touch is max 5 Volts not 12 Volts. It will go bang at that voltage so please beware!

The Maplins regulated one won't go as low as 12v unfortunately.

Regards

Chris

I did plan to use another stage of regulation if there was space and it has at least a cable, tranformer (if not noisy) and case... We'll see when it arrives what is involved.

The regulator in The Maps Benchy is poor quality. The Linear PSU's I made for my SB Classic and are based on Avondales TPR2 regulators. They will do 1A with a large heatsink. The Touch will work with a 1A supply (max about 800ma on start up then drops to around 550ma).

Regards

advertisement

Back