advertisement

Dispute with Amazon

The consistent box size may help with the process of picking and processing the goods through to the shipping bay and thence through the courier organisation where perhaps there is more than one loading, unloading and sorting of parcels.

Small parcels get lost in piles of large parcels.

I've had a number of issues with Amazon logistics. On a number of orders they've claimed to have made multiple delivery attempts. I know these to be false as someone was at home all day and there was no sign of a courier.

Their other favourite lie is claiming an order has been posted through our letter box when it clearly hasn't. I know now this is code for it has been posted to a neighbour. The challenge for me is to work out which one...

Our address is not exactly easy to find. However, the Royal Mail, DHL, DHD and even Yodel don't seen to struggle.

I ordered a new messenger bag - far from an expensive item - that has gone missing between Amazon and me. NO slip through the door, but the tracking ID suggests that it was 'delivered to the recipient or a neighbour' or somesuch. It's now a week after this supposedly happened, and no sign. Spoke to the postie who was on that day, no luck - he doesn't remember a package. It'll be interesting to see what happens in light of what happened to Matthew....

I ordered a new messenger bag - far from an expensive item - that has gone missing between Amazon and me. NO slip through the door, but the tracking ID suggests that it was 'delivered to the recipient or a neighbour' or somesuch. It's now a week after this supposedly happened, and no sign. Spoke to the postie who was on that day, no luck - he doesn't remember a package. It'll be interesting to see what happens in light of what happened to Matthew....

Amazon Customer Services have been good at fixing Logistics' mistakes, including one order of mine that went just as you describe and could not be found. Based upon my experience, they'll just refund you or place a new order.

I'm a regular Amazon customer. I also have Prime and Lovefilm memberships. However, I'm now increasingly using alternative suppliers, solely because Amazon Logistics causes so many headaches.

I think 9/10 anything goes wrong with an Amazon order you get your money back or a replacement no questions asked. I suspect my problems stem from breaking some sort of internal heuristic that gets me passed over to the George Orwell Memorial Stasi division for the full Kafkaesque treatment. Specifically because this is the second, high value consumer electronic item that has gone missing.

I think 9/10 anything goes wrong with an Amazon order you get your money back or a replacement no questions asked. I suspect my problems stem from breaking some sort of internal heuristic that gets me passed over to the George Orwell Memorial Stasi division for the full Kafkaesque treatment. Specifically because this is the second, high value consumer electronic item that has gone missing.

Looks like you are going to need a really, REALLY good lawyer on your side, for this one.

Update for my bag: the seller refunded in full, have re-ordered the same bag. Which is a sure-fire way to make the original one turn up, mind you....

My latest—Amazon Lose-istics problem—delivery person leaves package in 'safe place' (wherever that is!). I find it atop my postbox and it's a single tube of 'Rapidlash' eye enhancing fluid rather than the £40 of more manly items. My name and address is correct on the packet.

A quick online chat and a refund on return of said lash-enhancer.

Stephen

I'm getting the feeling Amazon are starting to lose it a bit now. Previously, with their normal carrier DPD, you knew when stuff was going to turn up, and turn up it did! I waited in all day yesterday for a parcel from Amazon Logistics that never arrived, now a fairly regular occurrence with Amazon and a bloody nuisance. The bloke I spoke to offered to extend my Prime membership as compensation, but this poor delivery performance must be impacting negatively on them, and unless they put things right pronto they're going to be losing their business.

I'm getting the feeling Amazon are starting to lose it a bit now. Previously, with their normal carrier DPD, you knew when stuff was going to turn up, and turn up it did! I waited in all day yesterday for a parcel from Amazon Logistics that never arrived, now a fairly regular occurrence with Amazon and a bloody nuisance. The bloke I spoke to offered to extend my Prime membership as compensation, but this poor delivery performance must be impacting negatively on them, and unless they put thing right pronto they're going to be losing their business.

I'm currently running on my six month of free Prime membership. I pressed them harder the last time a parcel didn't turn up next day and also got an £8 credit.

Prime membership is a way of them holding your £79 so they can give some of it back to you when they mess up and so make it seem like they are doing you a favour. This at least pleases me from a Behavioural Economics point of view.

DPD I cannot say enough good things about although possibly they benefit from simply not being as awful as all the other options. Couriers are generally an excellent example of what happens when the "invisible hand" ends up into a race to the bottom.

The rule seems be TLA firms are good (DPD, UPS) whilst firms with longer names are shite (Yodel, MyHermes, Amazon Logistics).

The bloke I spoke to offered to extend my Prime membership as compensation, but this poor delivery performance must be impacting negatively on them, and unless they put things right pronto they're going to be losing their business.

I agree. Am in two minds now about ordering RAM or anything else from Amazon because of their Logistics section.

Having said that, I bought a biography from a publisher the other day which was meant to be delivered by Yodel.

The Yodel guy didn't even manage to get the sorry we couldn't deliver your package card into my letterbox. I found it on the pavement.

Amazon used to be reliable and now it, and other companies, aren't.

If you pay your employees too little they will rip you off whichever way they can. I should imagine the last lot of RAM I ordered has been sold off by one of the Logistics delivery people.

Jack

Maybe if Amazon Logistics continues to be so shite, they might open some places where you can go and collect the goods, and maybe view them in person before purchasing? Or is this just the Gogrilla Mincefriend in me looking to patent something?

advertisement

Back