advertisement

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells...

Darmok

pfm Member
Selling his old "Pipe and Slippers" radiogram, Rogers "RD Cadet 11 Pre, Power Amp and FM Tuner c/w Garrard Type A TT" contained within a polished Largs cabinet, complete with a pair of floor standing Pye Loudspeakers...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26588866...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Lurking within the lower cabinet is one of these...

OIP.QFp9VEqL5avJSbc78or3VAHaE9

Collection only.

A nice bargain for a local, me thinks.

Nothing to do with me, just spotted it as listed.

The seller is probably not disgused, my jest.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I asked the seller for more pictures of the speakers and he said no, didn't Pye also use rebranded Goodmans drivers?

I asked the seller for more pictures of the speakers and he said no,

Hmmm, see thread title!!

didn't Pye also use rebranded Goodmans drivers?

I don't think so.

One bidder so far, I do hope it is someone, "A Fishie" who saw the listing here first.

Years ago I place an advert in a local Free Ads paper, "Wanted, sideboard type radiogram with separate floor standing loudspeakers."

I had a single reply, sideboard contained Leak Stereo 20 Charcoal and Varislope 2 Stereo Pre, Garrard Lab 80 TT and a pair of grotty looking speakers because of the grill cloth.

Loudspeakers were Goodmans Tri- Axiom 1220s.

Seller asked for 30 ukp cos they needed the space it took up.

A little accessory box with a set of record cleaning preeners and an unused "Decca SC4E" pickup in its presentation case, a lovely find.

Brilliant. Almost as good as the pair of Tannoy Lancasters I got....for free.

Aww, come on share with us the story...

I love em.

Like the story going around on the net a few years ago, a blog about a guy who finds a set of Radford STA25 plus preamp / tuner and a Thorens TD124/11 found in a builders rubbish skip, a crappy looking cabinet it was fitted into whilst on his way to work one morning, somewhere in Scandinavia.

Blogs long gone now but was very interesting cos the guy who finds it doesn't really know what it was or worth, to him it just looked good quality.

Interesting detailed restoration project, he posted exerpts whilst he did the research.

Aww, come on share with us the story...
Local auction. Now closed. Viewing day. Quite a bit of hifi, quad amps, TD160 Super etc. Spotted the Tannoys in a wrong area, normally just furniture. No auction number but had the individual sticker (they often made up packages of goods) Knew the owner so asked him to check status. Told that they were included with the Quad amps. They never updated the catalogue so on auction day, the famous TV auctioneer (Antques roadshow etc) just read out the Quad amps and never mentioned the Tannoys. I won them, along with the Tannoys! The Thorens etc too
Rushed to pay, car loaded and out of there in no time! Happy days!

Obviously this is carrying a famous hifi name, but actually is it any good? Is this going to fight off modern stuff? (Sorry but it looks like shite)

Obviously this is carrying a famous hifi name, but actually is it any good? Is this going to fight off modern stuff? (Sorry but it looks like shite)

Rogers Cadet series were the "NAD" mid fi of the late fifties and early to mid sixties.

Their up market "Master Range" Pre and Power amps used Radford Electronics wound mains and output transformers.

I could be wrong, getting dimensions from the seller to match with the specs from the year book would confirm.

No you are right, they look just like Rogers manufacturing style.

I bought a single Rogers Cadet 11 folded Horn loudspeaker at a South London jumble sale in the mid eighties for fifty pence.

It cost me 25ukp to find its partner.

$_86.JPG

Iffy looking speaker, but they sound amazing, driven hard the bass response is not over powering but delightfully pleasing and articulate.

s-l1600.jpg

also remembered the pye/goodmans drivers. Pye sonatina

Pye_Cantata_%289471101744%29_%282%29.jpg

Ahh yes, very good Loudspeakers, I love em and my Tri-Axioms, they look very similar to the picture you posted.

Could you get a full frontal picture and is it treble horn loaded. Q

advertisement

Back