advertisement

Digital Cable Advice

roy

pfm Member
Morning
I am intending to use an Innuos Mini Zen Mk 3 and PSU into a pair of active AVI DM10 stand-mount speakers and I have a number of dilemmas:-
The Ethernet cable to the Innuos is too short and it needs to run through an insulated loft for about 6m. There are inexpensive Chinese-made cables on eBay, but I have only seen reputable names like Supra and Audioquest cables so far that are custom-made to length.
The outputs and inputs on my kit are analogue, coaxial and optical. I have tried my Mogami analogue interconnect, a friend’s QED Reference coaxial lead and a throwaway optical lead so far. The coaxial input is marginally the best sounding on first listening.
The only options for a supplier so far are the Future Shop and av.com, as there are no local dealers near to me in Gloucestershire.
Can anyone recommend a supplier please?
What Ethernet cable is recommended?
Is the QED Reference good enough, or is there a better coaxial cable at the price?
Is it worth getting a high quality optical lead? If so, which one?
My budget is around £100 for each of the cables, as I am not a strong believer in spending any more on snake oil products.
Many thanks for any advice received.
Roy

You named options for ethernet, Supra and Audioquest are good (for coaxial you also may try something like AQ Carbon, it’s a good option). However. Answering your next question, no digital cable is good enough prior to around 1k budget.

The one I made myself, like the rest of all my cables. A ‘digital’ cable is not a thing anyway. It’s just a bit of copper, like the dozens of other metres of Ethernet cables that servers and switchboards use. I hope that the fiber optics they use is audiophile approved as well.

You named options for ethernet, Supra and Audioquest are good (for coaxial you also may try something like AQ Carbon, it’s a good option). However. Answering your next question, no digital cable is good enough prior to around 1k budget.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are so funny :oops: 😧:rolleyes:🤮

I’ve been one for 40 odd-years, spent building and repairing hi-fi. But as I said, never mind. I throw the towel.

Morning
I am intending to use an Innuos Mini Zen Mk 3 and PSU into a pair of active AVI DM10 stand-mount speakers and I have a number of dilemmas:-
The Ethernet cable to the Innuos is too short and it needs to run through an insulated loft for about 6m. There are inexpensive Chinese-made cables on eBay, but I have only seen reputable names like Supra and Audioquest cables so far that are custom-made to length.
The outputs and inputs on my kit are analogue, coaxial and optical. I have tried my Mogami analogue interconnect, a friend’s QED Reference coaxial lead and a throwaway optical lead so far. The coaxial input is marginally the best sounding on first listening.
The only options for a supplier so far are the Future Shop and av.com, as there are no local dealers near to me in Gloucestershire.
Is the QED Reference good enough, or is there a better coaxial cable at the price?
My budget is around £100 for each of the cables, as I am not a strong believer in spending any more on snake oil products.
Roy
Any Ethernet cable really. For sp/dif cox anything which uses decent analogue video cable and is properly terminated, probably best use Blue Jeans. toslink, anything. Saved you about 250 from your budget

Morning
Roy
I do like the QED reference digital cables. They are very well made and affordable. I have the coax and the glass fibre optical one. No regrets with my purchases. I'm certain they will last for years

advertisement

Back