advertisement

Have the O93s, love them. Got them ex-dem from a place, now gone I think, in Portland Oregon, think I paid 6200 including trading my Gibbon 8s, so not cheap but well worth it.

As I have said before on PFM, the 93s are fabulous, and not fussy, you just plump them on the floor, no stands needed. As the dearly-missed Art Dudley mentioned in a review, "the 93s let go of the notes quickly", sounds an odd statement but for me perfectly captures just how agile/nimble the sound is from them. Of all the bits of hifi kit I am always looking to 'upgrade' (insanity yes), the 93s are never in the running.

Love the O/93's, am very curious about the smaller, and I can imagine still pricey, O/Baby speaker that John has been working on. Might be interesting for smaller rooms. Will have to get a listen to these at some point I think, as they might be an interesting match with my Croft amps.

FEI
We are a stockist of these superb products
And soon O baby and Mini
And and exclusive Twenty 096

I really enjoyed this. It does, however, make it seem like the speakers are solely bought by wealthy folks with minimalist tendancies. I'm tempted to send him a pic of my Super 8's squeezed in at the end of a 10 ft wide, comparatively cluttered, English sitting room either side of some double doors to the garden.

I read somewhere that he designed the original 8s for a small city apartment he was living in. That doesn't seem to be where they've always landed!

The Baby Os in the previous video look very tempting. I'd be keen to have a listen at some point and see if they're an upgrade on the Super 8s. They look at have a similar form and price point to the AN Js - but, from my limited experience of the ANs, I prefer the build quality of the Devores.

I admire him, his philosophy, and his attempts to tell us about it, a lot. Strikes me that he might be to speakers what Roy Gandy is to turntables.

Very, very interesting to me, I could listen 2 more hours without a problem, John DeVore is such a nice, humble and interesting guy.

advertisement

Back