advertisement

Devo

Gaius

pfm Member
Are We Not Men

We Are Devo

Playing now and still very good, great band.

Nice recording too, in fact it's all dandy.

An excellent album, my copy is the Canadian issue on weird marbled vinyl. I've got a few of the early Stiff / Booji Boy singles too. Had them all since I was at school. At the time Devo sounded like nothing else, and still do really.

Yeah, a pretty cool and interesting band with some great riffs, Mongoloid in particular and some good covers, they remain quite relevant today I think.

I have a gut feeling they will make it big one day.

Joe

Gaius,

'Tis one of my fave Devo songs.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
"Freedom of Choice" is the album for me. A bit more synth-poppy but still slightly wrong and all the better for it.

Certainly one of the best 50p LPs I ever bought.

Incidentally, I'm sat here wearing my "Smooth Noodle Maps" T-Shirt.

"Freedom of Choice" is the album for me. A bit more synth-poppy but still slightly wrong and all the better for it.

Certainly one of the best 50p LPs I ever bought.

Incidentally, I'm sat here wearing my "Smooth Noodle Maps" T-Shirt.

I have only one LP of their and it's all I need, it survived the fire because it was elsewhere.

Workforce to the world, live on site. There ought to be a pic somewhere.

It's a bootleg of them before they were signed. Devo with all that Eno production and proper recording and so on was not right to my ears... That said, DEV2.0 was a project for Disney with teens innocently singing "whip it" and other songs about sexual frustration with all the imagery and deviant metaphors obscured by singing absolutely without irony (and thus under the radar of Disney corporate content management)... is probably better than the original band because is was conceptually the obvious next step. Devo and Disney = perfect epic win.

Great band, excellent live.
Didn't they have a few jam sessions with Neil Young in the 70's?

Also with Neil Young in the mad film
Human Highway

Satisfaction by Devo is wonderful

Are we not men my favourite

advertisement

Back