advertisement

Devialet Phantom Launch Event - London - Wed. July 22

Erm ... UK list for the silver phantom seems to be £1690 which is around £220 more than it would cost buying direct from Devialet at the current exchange rate .... That's £440 for a pair and the Dialog is also more expensive.

Speaking to an Irish dealer a few months ago he said they would be selling them for the same price as the direct price. I don't understand why UK dealers didn't price them in Euro with conversion done when the sale is completed. As things stand Devialet will be undercutting their own dealers ...

I heard them in Harrods a couple of weeks ago.

Bass output is very impressive for the size and overall they were impressive, but not enough for me to buy a pair.

It will be great for HIFi dealers to get some and set them up properly, especially as some of the software issues with Spark and Dialog are now improved.

The dedicated stands will be released soon too.

My nearest Devialet dealer (UK south coast) is advertising that they now have the Phantoms in stock. Their web site also shows that the Branch stands are now available too.

It'll be a chance to hear these actives in a decent listening room and surroundings, rather than at Harrods or at an exhibition.

My wife is not very keen for white ones as it doesn't fit with the room, therefore I hope that other colors will available soon, or I will have to redecorate my room.

I heard these a few days ago. Impressively awful! OK, they're better than you expect a hyper-hyped bit of lifestyle designer kit to be, but they're still pretty painful to listen to. I expect they will be demonstrated playing some ghastly techno thump thump tizz tizz stuff, and sell by the lorry load.

I heard these about a month ago. Not good in mono but pretty good as stereo. The bass is their party trick and in some ways memorising to watch.

I heard these a few days ago. Impressively awful! OK, they're better than you expect a hyper-hyped bit of lifestyle designer kit to be, but they're still pretty painful to listen to. I expect they will be demonstrated playing some ghastly techno thump thump tizz tizz stuff, and sell by the lorry load.

At a good hi-fi dealers who shall remain nameless, but possibly not shameless.

Would you be willing to describe what you didn't like and what grated with you?

I ask because, not withstanding that we all like different things, it seems to be a diametrically opposite view to that of others, some of who own quite impressive kit and appear to be keen audiophiles with a taste for fine sound quality.

Thanks in anticipation.

advertisement

Back