advertisement

devialet 110 or wadia intuition 01

sundaywu1992

pfm Member
Hello gents,

I've recently bought a pair of Sonus Faber Concerto (bi-wire, without home version) and start thinking of a small&easy&light&modern speaker set up.

So, devialet and wadia's products are now in my consideration. I've auditioned devialet 170&240 with modern model of sonus faber speakers and they work pretty well together, not sure about the concerto though.

I do not listen to DSD files as I don't have any, and I've never used any wifi stuff to stream my music, so wadia's DSD capability and devialet's wifi function does not really matter.

On the data sheet, wadia looks prettier but it's pure class D, devialet 110 seems to be less powerful but it has some class A part (not sure how it works though).

It's gonna be my only CAS system and 2nd system, the main point is to have as less fuss as possible and get relaxing&involving sound within certain budget. I've tried linn and naim, naim doesn't work for me, linn is alright but it's expensive and has more boxes.

Wish to know other people's experience and thoughts, thanks.
Sangdi

I haven't heard the Wadia here ,but a customer likes his, I found the DVLAto be decent when I borrowed one, do both units do what you want, for example does the Wadia have a
built in phono etc.
Keith.

Not heard the Wadia but can confirm that the Devialet sound quality and performance is truly excellent. It also, as Keith points out, does have a very good phono stage.

thanks gents, I have no doubt about devialet's ability, just wish to know if the wadia will be good and cost less.

To Keith: I don't need phono stage, this unit will be used via USB, computer--usb--unit--speaker, anything else is not necessary and will only be considered as bonus.

advertisement

Back