advertisement

Desktop listening

Dee

Hi,
Whilst in the middle of what feels like never ending house renovation my music listening is currently limited to utube, via desktop and some old Logitech speakers. Yes I know far far from ideal but grateful for any suggestions as to how I can “improve” this until I am able to get a proper rig in…thank you…🙂

Do you not have any streaming service? I think tidal/qobuz et all have a trial period perhaps it will fit your time scales. All have desktop apps.

Reactions: Dee
What about an upgrade in speakers?

Following some research and recommendations on here I purchased some ILoud micros and am more than happy with them:-

Reviews :-

They can be had “B” stock from around £200:-

Or less pre loved from places such as eBay :-

As I say, more than pleased with my purchase of these cute little monitors, been using them an awful lot recently as I re-rip my CD collection and they are still surprising me regularly with their ability to play decent sounds.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
similar needs here for my home office.
I need some small bookshelf active speakers with an XLR balanced input to go on the windowledge in front of my desk. Driven by the balanced XLR output from my Naim Atom HE.
Something in the £5-600 range.

Following some research and recommendations on here I purchased some ILoud micros and am more than happy with them:-
I like the way they pose as simple computer speakers and then catch people by surprise! They do a slightly bigger model with another driver too, which has just been updated recently. Reviews all over YouTube currently.

similar needs here for my home office.
I need some small bookshelf active speakers with an XLR balanced input to go on the windowledge in front of my desk. Driven by the balanced XLR output from my Naim Atom HE.
Something in the £5-600 range.
Genelec 8010A would be the obvious answer here. I've got them in my desktop system coupled with a Topping DX3 Pro+. It's a remarkably good sound from such a simple setup.

Thank you guys for responding, much appreciated and will take your suggestions on board.I don’t have a streaming service yet.
I am also going to investigate a dac like the mojo as well as some decent desktop speakers.
Edit.. I didn’t see some of the later posts regarding speakers and when posting my original response, so thankyou ..🙂

What about an upgrade in speakers?

Reviews :-

They can be had “B” stock from around £200:-

Or less pre loved from places such as eBay :-

As I say, more than pleased with my purchase of these cute little monitors, been using them an awful lot recently as I re-rip my CD collection and they are still surprising me regularly with their ability to play decent sounds.
Thanks HC, I will most definitely have a look..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back