advertisement

Densen?

Sloop John B

And any old music will do…
When I joined PFM circa 2005 there was a lot of talk and praise for Densen. I don’t see it mentioned that much anymore.

Is it a case of new ownership that changed the dynamic and the classic mid 2000s era are still sought after or that they just weren’t reliable long term or why has their popularity waned?

Or, without wishing to sound like a one trick pony, were they a bit of a fad?

.sjb

I think the company is up for sale. I still use and love my Densen B-440XS CD-P, and have kept my B-250 / B-350 monos for prosperity.

Good they are still going to be in business. Only ever had one product made by them. A B330 + power amp. An absolute cracker. Replaced my Nap 135s. Id often thought of checking out the top Densen 2 box pre to see of it could better my Nac 52 - never got round to it though.

Many Audiophiles with $6000 disposable income are probably well into retirement age.

So not far off.

There was little or no mention of valves in those days if I remember correctly. There has been a clear shift away from a lot of solid state options in that time.

Audio Emotion not selling Densen anymore?

EDIT: they still do!
https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/densen-177-c.asp

A conversation with yourself. Genius. Forums would be much more peaceful places if we all did.

How are you getting in with the super Actives? Are you missing the previous system?

I just had a closer look at Kii's (not because I'm going to buy them). What made you choose the D&D over them?

Loving the 8c's they are simply awesome, my 'endgame' active speaker. much prefer them to the ATC's SCM25 &50's/Meridian/ADAM Tensor's I've had in the past.

I prefer the philosophy of Dutch & Dutch and construction/spec. The Kiis have 6" drivers and are completely constructed of composite materials, whereas the 8c's have a more traditional/timeless build and quality with Solid Oak and Birch Ply cabs.

The Densen kit I heard, I loved. I know of a couple of people who are regularly looking for Densen equipment, and regularly disappointed because people who have it keep hold of it. I feel the same way about Thule.

I had a Densen Beat initially, then pre/power and then added a cd player.
The amps were great, but the CD electronics were odd and not especially reliable.
Great sounding kit otherwise though.

advertisement

Back