advertisement

Denafrips Pontus DAC

jason rockley

pfm Member
Selling my Denafrips Pontus DAC.

It is the MK1 version but you would have to have some seriously good ears to hear any difference with the MK2, I have owned both.

The USB card was upgraded to MK2 spec courtesy of a free upgrade from Vinny from Vinshine Audio. This and a change to different capacitors were the only differences between them

There are a couple of marks on the unit. Mainly a small raised dent in the fascia and a scratch on the top. These will easily file or wire brush out should they bother you. It is very thick brushed Aluminium after all. There is a discoloration near the scratch but that was there from new. I assumed it was a machining coolant stain. It would wire brush out easily enough. Never bothered me because it was mid pack in the rack and not visible.

Also comes with 3 Isopuck Minis to use as isolation.

Still have the original box so postage or collection will be fine.

Asking £850

d1.jpg

d2.jpg
d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d6.jpg

I only ask as i was thinking of ordering one of these as they seldom come up second hand. I believe there has been a couple of Firmware updates to this model?

I only ask as i was thinking of ordering one of these as they seldom come up second hand. I believe there has been a couple of Firmware updates to this model?
My Terminator went into the rack 4 years ago and hasn't moved. I have no desire to upgrade. You should buy this.

Mmm, I currently use am NJC Reference DAC and was wondering if this would be a significant upgrade> The NJC is great at some things, though, lacka a little weight.

advertisement

Back