advertisement

Deleting music from Innuos Zenith

awkwardbydesign

Officially Awesome
I recently bought an Innuos Zenith Mk3 with a load of music on the SSD, which I want to delete. However, deleting the music library won't touch it. It will delete all the music I installed from my back up hard drive, but not the stuff that was already in there.
Am I missing something obvious? I don't want to do a factory reset, as that would delete settings and subscriptions.
Asking here before I contact Innuos.

Have you tried connecting to the Zenith from a computer so that you can see its drive and then just deleting the music files using your computer ti drag them to the bin?

Do you have a computer or laptop? When connected to your network the Zenith will show up as a drive. Just double click, find the artist or album folder you want to delete and drag it to the bin.

I had an ex-demo model that came with a load of stuff I wasn't interested in (I'm looking at you Adele) and this worked for me.

When I go into these folders, they are all empty. Is it possible this is the old Mk2 still showing?
DGsYKrb.jpg

I need to contact Innuos anyway, to get Orange Squeeze working fully again, which now will only access music from 2016 and earlier, but plays and changes anything which I start on Sense. I will ask them how to remove the old stuff.

Just for added fun, I did a factory reset to clear everything. And now it won't recognise either of the backup hard drives!
Lovely. So I have sent Innuos an email, and await their response. But in the meantime I have put the Mk2 back in which still works properly.

advertisement

Back