advertisement

Definite scam site?

Quite a long explanation about the benefits of their non negotiable policy on bank transfers only as well ;)

Weirdly the prices I looked at all seem about right - not the usual bargains to lure the unsuspecting punters in!

There are two companies registered to the address they give and neither have anything to do with audio. In addition, if they really have the stock they claim to have they have a remarkable collection of exotica - you can’t amass such a stock overnight!

Oh the Thorens turntable they claim to have is identically pictured on a number of second hand sites where the seller has been banned. So it’s 100% positive that this is a scam (the feedback is hilariously unlikely).

I have a feeling that a pair of the Nautilus speakers were on sale in an Australian Hifi store - but can’t now find them in a search....

A good tip with UK ads / sites is to look for 13A mains sockets. After a quick scan through the pics only one set of sockets to be seen (Magico speakers pics) and they are non UK. Buyers beware!

All the pics are from different places and the uk phone number has 7 digits after the code and its not in a city. avoid like the clap.

They did just reply to me on WhatsApp so not just phishing for phone numbers :)

Some poor bugger will fall for it one day and transfer a bag of cash :(

Is it a case of them simply pulling ads together from elsewhere, onto one site ? In which case they don’t hold the stock. Some sort of middle man arrangement

It’s done elsewhere but I wouldn’t buy through such an arrangement

Yeah could be - but all the gmail and weird web addresses doesn’t bode well. I never saw a site like that before. I might ask about demo / collection that should nail it once and for all :)

Ask for a photo of an item with a specific random item of your choosing also in the picture. I did this when I bought an item long distance from Gumtree. It was a nice tuner, and just to make sure the person wasn't using photos he/she found on the internet, I asked for a photo of the tuner with a set of keys next to it. It could still be a scam, but a bit less likely if the person can prove they have access to the item.

Well he replied and said he was a reseller and the DSP6k were in a Swiss chalet if I wanted to inspect and just said it was a shame when I said I was in the UK.

So didn’t try to swindle me....

advertisement

Back