advertisement

Decca Gold Cartridge / Mayware Tonearm I/C

zeon

pfm Member
Anybody ? 😂 No seriously this a very lyrical combo, at its price point ! I am happily using another mayware arm at the moment so this
is surplus. However although the Decca has been serviced by John since my ownership ten years ago the line contact stylus has worn out
Its actually quite difficult to get a read on eBay ( price) for worn out stylus so any input would be useful.. Thank you !.. The arm has the weight thread missing btw
The cartridge is attached to the arm at the moment, but could split up if required . I have the Decca box. Try some pics tomorrow

In case helps zeon or anyone considering this… I think I’d be pricing in the service & stylus replacement, ideally upgrade the stylus to effectively make it a Supergold, & thinking somewhere £600-700 for the refurbished cartridge? Hope that helps & doesn’t hinder. Amazing cartridges!

Many thanks V m !!. Yes, the line contact stylus does effectively make it a super gold I believe. I have very much enjoyed my time with it
but have had variable results in setting it up ( my low abilities ),and now very happy with my performer v2 Clearaudio replacement.
Yes, something to think about Vm !!. Very helpful

advertisement

Back