advertisement

Decca carts: John Wright retiring

A little more info on the Decca Selected SC4E...

I obtained one of these purely by accident and good fortune.

I found it unused in its clam shell case amongst other Hi-Fi cleaning materials, parastat anti static record cleaners ect contained in a small wooden accessories box.

It came with the contents of a sideboard type radiogram with separate floor standing loudspeakers.

An item I had posted for in a wanted ad in a local free-ads paper.

Setting up the SC4E attached to my Decca Uni-pivot Arm mounted on a cast iron motor board along side a Garrard 401 TT.

A bit of a PITA to set up, when finally I got it spot on, the sound stage went far beyond my internal walls containing my living / music space.

A demo for a Hi-Fi friend who also uses Radford Valve amps said, his sound was "Club Rock" yours is "Stadium Rock." :D

I would love to post a picture but sadly all my really good sound equipment is currently in storage since I had to down size following a prolonged legal battle. :eek:

Generator assembly, armature and stylus are the same. The only difference is whether it is standard 1/2 inch mount (C4e) or with an integrated Decca mount head shell (H4e) for a FFSS tone arm. S implies specially selected carts from the QA process.

John s now penned an official retirement piece over on Lenco. He says " Happy listening to everybody going forward "... Cmon man its better than that its... Brilliant listening !
He will continue to help the new guy in a consultancy role. Happy retirement to John and good luck to the new engineer !

advertisement

Back