advertisement

DB Poweramp - any help greatfully received.

rubycat

pfm Member
Have been a paid up member for years and I keep coming back to this program only to abandon it in total frustration yet again.
All the forums and help articles are useless to me because I struggle with the 'gobbledygook' language, Its just not user friendly enough
for a layman like me. I can copy albums on to a HDD ok and even use 'Off set' track numbers for double albums so maybe there is some hope.

Would some kind soul write me a Tag? and tell me where to and how to set it up to achieve the following:-
For example lets say my wife has about thirty odd compilation 'Disco' albums I want to rip these to one file/catagory on my hard drive (lets call it 'Disco Mix).
All I need is Artist+song title, one big collection of different artists and songs regardless of what album they come from, for a proper non stop disco party!
Please include anything else I would need to do (tick/un-tick the compilation box?) dont assume that I have done anything already.

With track numbering and using the 'Off Set' feature if I un-tick some tracks on an inserted cd to avoid duplication of tracks that I have already ripped, I loose the continuation of the numbers in the offset numbers, say there are 7 tracks and I un-tick numbers 3&4 the tracknumbers become 1,2,5,6,7 and not 1,2,3,4,5, is there any way of correcting this.

I may have inadvertently changed some settings in previously trying to do this is there a factory reset button anywhere or do I need to delete and reinstall to get back to square one.

Many thanks

Never used it. For doing what you're trying to do, Media Monkey is the "dogs danglies" for arranging, tagging etc., assuming you're doing it in Windows. I think the free version will do all that too.

What do you use to actually play back the songs? It may well be that you don’t need to do anything special because once all the CDs have been copied to your hard disk the playback software will probably allow you to view these as a list of ‘songs’ or ‘tracks’, or even group them by genre (eg ‘Disco’ in your case).
This is how I use my library, a bunch of albums containing songs (so I can listen to just an album), or a list of songs without concerning myself what album they came from, or a list of songs of a particular type/genre if I’m having a themed party

Indeed it does sound like you are trying to make what effectively is a playlist in the most circuitous and complex way possible.

Then again I may be missing something.

.sjb

I have used Mediamonkey, but I find Metadatics more intuitive. Even comes with a built in BRAIN (not AI) to retrieve album art.

;)

I'm with the gentlemen above. Just let dBpoweramp rip the CDs and if you want the track numbers changed use a tag editor to do this. I use Mp3tag which is very easy to use. All of the fields in the ripped FLACs can be changed by MP3Tag (don't let the name put you off) - you can change track number, genre, Year, album artist, Cover art, etc etc.

I agree with the other contributors. I’ve used db power amp to rip circa 1000 cd’s - let db power amp do a cd by cd rip then go playlist. The free mp3tag is quite useful as you can just right click on a file or files for minor tagging updates.

advertisement

Back