advertisement

David Toop

@mandryka Whirled Music was reissued on Oren Ambarchi's Black Truffle label a couple of years ago but Bandcamp shows it as a vinyl only release sadly.

https://blacktruffle.bandcamp.com/album/whirled-music

There's some footage of a performance about 10 mins in to this great Max Eastley documentary:

Just seen this -- thanks (it's stopped sending me emails again.)

I came back to say I'm enjoying this

51QIrFITBZL._AC_.jpg

(British music over the past 50 years has been really outstanding. The days of Das Land ohne Musik are over!)

@mandrykaThere's some footage of a performance about 10 mins in to this great Max Eastley documentary:

Did you notice the documentary was produced by our old pal Simon Reynell (Another Timbre)? I think I remember him telling me he funded it in the days long before AT whilst he was working for the BBC. He was quite a fan of Max’s work.

Did you notice the documentary was produced by our old pal Simon Reynell (Another Timbre)? I think I remember him telling me he funded it in the days long before AT whilst he was working for the BBC. He was quite a fan of Max’s work.

No, I hadn't noticed that - good for him!

Max Eastley is someone else whose recordings I need to investigate more thoroughly (looking on Discogs I see he is credited on a 1986 Howard Jones album...)

advertisement

Back