advertisement

David Redfern Prints

davidjt

pfm Member
When David Redfern died his official archive was acquired by one of the big agencies, but he had previously donated a batch of black and white prints to a charity shop in Bristol with a connection to one of his many musical friends. It was mentioned to me recently that most of them are still there, tucked away behind a wall of books. It seems they are likely to stay there unless they could be catalogued and/or cross-referenced to the DR website (unlikely) and marketed on line.
Volunteer time being at a premium, the question is at, say £5 a pop would there be sufficient demand to make the effort worthwhile? Thoughts, anyone? TIA

Do tell us where these end up. I’d love to get a print of one of his photos of a jazz great.

If printed by or under the direction of the photographer they must be worth 10x that, probably much more. Would depend on the photo and if there is a way to show provenance, I suppose.

I’m not quite sure what is happening here, but if there’s a suggestion of a kind of crowdfunded bulk purchase, I’d like to be given the chance to be part of it.

advertisement

Back