advertisement

David Gilmour

moomaloo

pfm Member
Tickets went on sale for Glasgow this morning. Totally sold out within ten minutes. And they were £40 / £50 each!

Yup, Albert Hall was the same story, and the bulk of the tickets were 65 quid each. I think some folks are expecting a Floyd reunion, and will be sorely disappointed.

A lot of the Manchester/Glasgow ones went on sale through his website before the general sale began.

Do you think he'll be any good??

Whilst I would have gone had the ticket prices been reasonable (and if I could have got one!) I imagine that it will consist of a fairly laid back show consisting of some geezer strumming a few blues-based tunes in a pleasant but sedate sort of a way with probably an acoustic Wish You Were Here and a pedestrian Run Like Hell as the grand finale. As good a guitarist as Gilmour undoubtedly is, stripped of the sheer spectacle of the Floyd in full flight, it will probably be pretty dull. I don't know if h's the right sort of musician for a more intimate venue, unlike, say, Richard Thompson - Half the price, twice the talent.

But that's probably just sour grapes and I'll miss the best gig this decade...

I suspect that the best sounds from new Gilmour will be bits on 'Three Men And A Boat' BBC2 TV programme. New thing circulating as 'taster' for forthcoming album does not sound up to old early post-Floyd Gilmour sounds.

I entered the 'raffle' for the right to buy a pair of the manchester tickets....and won!!

going to take my 16yr old daughter for a bit of real music education.....

LOL...but she does have lots of Floyd on her Zen Micro and I suspect its the closest we can get to a real Floyd live concert...unless they do get round to doing a reunion tour.

Got to be better than the boy band crap that most teenage girls seem to enjoy (suffer?).

Bearing in mind its the "On an Island" tour - named after his forthcoming release - I have a seaking suspicion the new stuff, just maybe, will feature.

Mellow Dave speaks to the mighty Guardian

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1722629,00.html#article_continue

Chiddingfold Ex-Serviceman's club is gloomily upholstered and as quiet as only commuter-belt Surrey on a weekday can be. On alternate Thursdays the over-60s meet here for bingo and slide shows. On Tuesday mornings there is a toddler activity session (the gold paper stars they made for Christmas are fading on the walls). Today, Friday, there is band practice, led by a 59-year-old bloke with a laconic air and the perimeter of a darts player

Just heard a Dave Gilmour interview on Planet Rock. Essentially it was a long plug for his new "On an Island" CD however I didn't mind it as I quite liked the material.

I struck me as Pink Floyd but with pipe and slippers! Quite relaxing, think I'll be getting a copy.

Cheers

Nick

Heard him on Jonathan Ross`s Saturday show, he did a couple of live tracks from the new album, i found them quite enjoyable. Think he was accompanied by Phil Manzanera

I like 'doo doo dee doo!' bit in the middle of the guitar solo on "Time."

"Maggot Brain" is, of course, like ten minutes of that jive.

advertisement

Back