advertisement

Damn Damn Damn…

Hang on a mo - example: C14th Tithe barn, Bradford upon Avon....
CNV00007_1280px.jpg

I have so many pictures of the inside of that barn! The light, stonework, and those amazing roof timbers, it's one of the most photogenic things I've ever come across. Easily ruined by gawping visitors (like me) selfishly wandering into shot.

I love St Laurence the small Saxon chapel close-by, which is quite difficult to photograph well - let alone to capture the intimacy.

Totally OT, but if you are thinking of a new iPad Apple are offering 2 years interest free for the next week or so. Thought I’d mention it as I’m thinking of taking the plunge myself. It could free up some funds for you... (damn, damn, damn.)

Hmm. I reckon the 0% interest thing is to help Apple to clear current stock before the new model comes out, or is at least announced, next month.

I really hope mine can be fixed. They’re trying another new battery, then it’ll be the charging port. Frustrating.

Totally OT, but if you are thinking of a new iPad Apple are offering 2 years interest free for the next week or so. Thought I’d mention it as I’m thinking of taking the plunge myself. It could free up some funds for you...
(damn, damn, damn.)

Sadly, my iPad, although six or seven years old, is still pretty functional. So there goes that excuse.

OTOH, it always possible that it might "get knocked off a table" onto the ceramic floor.....would it be unethical to blame Burmese kittie "zoomies"?

Hmm. I reckon the 0% interest thing is to help Apple to clear current stock before the new model comes out, or is at least announced, next month.
I did briefly consider the new Air, but think a bog-standard iPad would be fine for my purposes at £13/month over two years as I’m no kind of power user. I’d be happy to stick with my current one (an original Air v1) but it is getting old, slow and prone to long pauses while it struggles with its memory. Rather like me. And more and more apps are saying ‘can’t update, can’t go back to the old version.’

And I blame a documentary I finally got round to watching last night on the wonderful Vivian Maier.

Yep. I now ‘want’ a Rolleiflex TLR.

I’d rarely use it, I can’t afford it at the mo, and I’d have to pay for D&P.

Why do some of us have these urges?
My wife is aware, and she is laughing at me right now :)

No logic attached to this desire at all, but oh my they’re lovely

Blomey that's lovely. I never even handled one but pal lent me the yashica version for a week or so one summer hols. That was fab too but at the time, (mid 80's) the handling , screen brightness etc seemed outdated and mamiya and bronica were more usable and frankly gve 'better' results. I do admit though that they don't have those looks which have simply got better and better as time goes by.

I think I want one too but that thought goes into my 'Vincent Black lightening' box. Which has no opening.

Unless i win the lottery.

I think I want one too but that thought goes into my 'Vincent Black lightening' box. Which has no opening.

Unless i win the lottery.
I have a box like that too, containing one of these

50739622571_9b331e788c.jpg

(the replica version, not the £500k original - there are some bounds to my imagination.)

FWIW @Tony Lockhart - I ordered my iPad yesterday and was accepted for two years’ 0% credit immediately after filling in the tedious forms. It arrived at 0730 this morning, courtesy of a chirpy DHL driver who was crushed by neither my even more than usually crumpled demeanour or my ‘WTF time do you call this?’ glare.

I think they always do interest free, bought mine a couple if years ago and an iphone 13 recently.
You could be right, but on the website it says the 2-year offer is until Aug 12 (I think.) Of course, another identical offer could begin on the 13th!

I lusted after one for years.
I too got a Rolleicord for peanuts (car boot sale, € 50). Better than nothing I suppose. The fever stopped when I went digital in 2006 and bought a Nikon, and I still have my FM2 anyway for B&W pictures.
Today their prices are so incredibly high that I couldn’t afford a real Rolleiflex any longer. Even the lesser Rolleicords command no less than € 300, even more on eBay!

advertisement

Back