advertisement

DacMagic Plus volume control - how does it work?

I've heard of them, never heard a pair though, im sure they are very good, what dont you like about them and Naim amp?
The Naim amp was hissy, but I flogged it when Plan A was looking like a goer. I was mostly listening to headphones, and the amp was getting old and gathering dust so I flogged it while it was still worth something. I made a brief attempt to sell the speakers but no one was very interested to I just packed them away. After a while, I thought I'd spend £100 or so on a cheap pro power amp and just get a little system up and running for occasional use. But you get fiddling with them don't you...! :D

I made a brief attempt to sell the speakers but no one was very interested to I just packed them away.

Yeah i know what that's like! You can some pretty exceptional sounding active speakers for not much money (in hifi terms!) these days, not the be and end all but certainly, but enjoyable never the less.

Yeah i know what that's like! You can some pretty exceptional sounding active speakers for not much money (in hifi terms!) these days, not the be and end all but certainly, but enjoyable never the less.
Trouble is, with mostly listening to headphones I can't be arsed with them so much ... I don't want the VAs sitting in a cupboard after splashing out another few hundred on actives. The price you pay for buying speakers that aren't so well known. :-/

Get yourself an Alesis RA500 :) Quite different to the Behringer internally and a very good design.

Get yourself an Alesis RA500 :) Quite different to the Behringer internally and a very good design.

Thomann have just emailed to say that my Samson 120a is on its way back after being fixed or replaced, not sure which. It's quite a good amp really, and its failure might have something to do with its original shipping - by the look of the boxes it had been kicked from one end to the other of every depot in which it had found itself en route!

Are you sure its not hiss coming from the amp? I use a fairly high power set up and i can't hear any noise from original switch mode power supply with my ear on the speaker, with everything turned up to 11!

Just to follow this up, my Samson 120a has just come back from Thomann, so I've been able to try the DM+ with this to check it for noise. Fault was clearly with the Behringer amp, it's quiet as a mouse with the Samson. :)

advertisement

Back