advertisement

DAC tour

Ciunas Audio

Trade: Ciunas Audio
I'm gauging what interest there might be in a tour around the UK of my USB isolated & battery powered DAC. I don't believe anyone else has implemented real USB isolation within their DAC/SPDIF as I have done with the ISO-DAC & ISO-SPDIF.

The ISO-DAC or ISO-SPDIF can also be used as an isolated USB hub that sits between your own USB DAC or SPDIF input DAC & your computer - it allows for a test the efficacy of USB isolation done right.

Anybody interested can post on this thread but I can only consider long standing, active members. These devices are small & about 600g weight so postage between members within the UK is simple & cheap.

I would be interested to compare the DAC with my current set-up, which includes 2 after-market anti-jitter gadgets, and to report on my findings.
I'm a great believer in your statement: 'noise on the signal..... is audibly obvious WHEN REMOVED' So many people dismiss this out of hand.

To be fair though, I have to admit to being already committed to an alternative new DAC, so a sale would be highly unlikely. (And being on my own, the impracticality of a double blind test would invalidate my impressions for some.)

Given this initiative, I assume that getting one of the big websites to undertake a review is difficult or very expensive. I admire the anti-NRA stance vis-a-vis Paypal, since it cannot be in your commercial interest.

I would be interested to compare the DAC with my current set-up, which includes 2 after-market anti-jitter gadgets, and to report on my findings.
I'm a great believer in your statement: 'noise on the signal..... is audibly obvious WHEN REMOVED' So many people dismiss this out of hand.
Thanks David - I would be interested in your impressions Vs these other devices as I have looked at & modified other USB isolators & achieved better performance from them but auditions of audio group in Ireland rated my ISO devices as better.

To be fair though, I have to admit to being already committed to an alternative new DAC, so a sale would be highly unlikely. (And being on my own, the impracticality of a double blind test would invalidate my impressions for some.)
That's no problem for me

Given this initiative, I assume that getting one of the big websites to undertake a review is difficult or very expensive. I admire the anti-NRA stance vis-a-vis Paypal, since it cannot be in your commercial interest.
A review has just been posted on TNT Audio & another review due to appear shortly on another major review site.
Transferwise is far far better than Paypal - much lower fees & a fair mid-market exchange rate - so it's also in customer's interests to use it instead of Paypal

There should be no problem sending one of the devices to you - let's go to PM to sort out addresses, device etc.

OK, S-man - I'll start a running list of interested members so we can establish an ordered queue - we all love queues :)
If we go to PM to establish addresses, etc.
Thanks for pointing to the website - I thought my signature pointed to it, I will rectify that

Interested members
Davidjt
S-Man

Ah I see, the link is the "Silence just got quieter". I hadn't spotted that before.

Hi John,
Would there be any point in me comparing your new converter with an original Ciunas? I've been using one for a while latterly powered by a Teddy Pardo ps and the combo is great into my nDac 555ps.
Best wishes
Steve

I would be interested. I currently run a Cambridge Audio Dac100. It is fed via USB from an older model of Innuos Zen ripper/server.

Hi John,
Would there be any point in me comparing your new converter with an original Ciunas? I've been using one for a while latterly powered by a Teddy Pardo ps and the combo is great into my nDac 555ps.
Best wishes
Steve
Yes Steve, you might be surprised at the uplift in sound - PM me your address if interested. There's also an ISO-PS in the package going to S-Man - it might be of interest to compare it to your Teddy Pardo PS?

Just keeping an ordered list of those interested

S-Man
AudioAl
Steve Taylor?
JensenHealey
Davidjt

ISO-DAC & ISO-PS devices should be delivered to S-Man today!!

The ISO-DAC I've already described
The ISO-PS is a LiFePO4 battery power standalone unit delivering 5V pure power to any device where power is critical. It's not needed for the ISO-DAC but I thought it might be of interest.

I've moved on from Ciunas, but use a Gustard interface with Audio Synthesis, is this bit appropriate?

If so, I'd like to be added to the list.

Mark

I've moved on from Ciunas, but use a Gustard interface with Audio Synthesis, is this bit appropriate?

If so, I'd like to be added to the list.

Mark
Oh, you Renegade :)

Yes, you could try the iso-hub function of the ISO-DAC between your PC & current USB audio devices- you might be surprised?
You even might be tempted to listen to the ISO-DAC itself

advertisement

Back