advertisement

Cyrus Stack Or McIntosh

Rotel.jpg

McIntosh - becuase the C22 and 275 are pure magic with klipsch Heresy, Forte, Cornwall etc speakers, an immensely enjoyable listen without being to hifi.

I'd never choose McIntosh myself, far too bling and the boxes I've heard had zero Prat timing or involvment.
I hate the blue light.
Maybe used with wrong speakers.?

If you think above is pure magic I am not sure I understand your query, Cyrus an entirely different world but it seem popular for a niche customer base.

Can't comment on the Mcintosh, however I like my niche Cyrus equipment. It's not everyone's cup of tea but if you enjoy the sound I'm sure it will last past Christmas for you.

I’d go with PSI Audio monitors and a Cyrus Stack and forgo the power amps. Cyrus gear is warm and detailed. Gorgeous. PSI are some of the most faithful speakers in the world. If it’s there, the PSIs will shed light on it. I’d take a wide berth on the Macintosh gothic Dracula VU greeny nonsense.

For £15K possibly demo ( in your own room) other manufacturers....would not want a costly mistake, good luck anyway and a nice problem to have. :)

Spending that money on brand new kit will be a grave mistake imo. You can get a very good system for that money.

advertisement

Back