advertisement

Cyrus Lyric09 subwoofer recommendations?

Sha66y

Hi I’m Ian and very new here!

I was wondering whether there were any Cyrus Lyric owners who have added a Subwoofer and if so, what do you have/recommend?

Current kit:
Cyrus Lyric 09
Rega phono mm mk3
Audio technica pb50 turntable
Dynaudio emit m20 standmounts
Epson 3D projector

subwoofer ( £500 budget) ??

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400.htm

BK, British made, buy direct from the manufacture means great value. Great pedigree, they used to build subs for REL. choice of finishes.

I used to own the XXLS400, for the money, a brilliant product.

the XLS200 is a smaller version, the Monolith a larger ported model, I think the 400 for music is your best option being powerful and sealed.

Last edited:
Buying new or open to used/ex dem?

I use a REL T7 with my Cyrus separates system currently but have recently bought an SVS 1000 Pro to replace it - the SVS has built in EQ and a phone App to help with setup. A REL T5x would be a good choice, second hand the older 5i or 5 if you wanted to save a few quid, have used the T5i and T Zero with my Cyrus, the 5i was good the Zero disappointed.

BK is a good shout and the best vfm especially if buying new, they have an eBay outlet shop with bargains worth looking out. Looks like closed for Xmas https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/colosussxb?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It's been a long time since REL were built by BK and it fair to say that REL's newer models have come a long way. Yes, I'm a REL fan.
@Sha66y What room size are we dealing with here?

yes you’re quite right, the point more being people have heard of REL but generally not BK. BK and a rebadged REL made by BK of similar specs were priced quite differently.

I know over on AVF there used to be some over the top praise of BK where it seemed to suggest anything else was a crime, there’s certainly better subs available, but at the sub (excuse the pun) £500 price point, not much touches them.

It's been a long time since REL were built by BK and it fair to say that REL's newer models have come a long way. Yes, I'm a REL fan.
@Sha66y What room size are we dealing with here?

the entertainment room is 12x24 feet,( half for cinema and music, and a dining area behind sitting position) my gear is along the 12 foot wall, sitting position about 8-9 foot from speakers….I’m not looking to fill the whole room, though this may be unavoidable, I do however want to feel the low notes in the immediate area if that makes sense, the sub will sit on the right wall under a window and become another surface for a nic nac ….I’m looking at the BK xls200 or the rel t5i for size benefits but with the Cyrus being able to adjust the speakers I’m hoping to just use the LFE as per the tech guy at Cyrus instruction though he did say I could use the high output if I desired.

advertisement

Back