advertisement

Crown XLS

Due to various happenings, I currently have a Yamaha P-3500, Yamaha PC-5002M and a Crown Macro-Tech 3600VZ kicking around the house.

I haven’t tried the Crown yet as it needs a bit of attention following its previous career as “Amp 14” in the power test rack in the test department at Goodmans, followed by 19 years in a friend’s garage.

Both Yamahas are absolutely superb, though. The PC-5002M in particular gets tight, punchy bass out of Goodmans Maxim 2s!

I doubt the fan will ever run as it's class D.

It should easily drive them to the moon if desired. The Maggie's are going to be no issue.

The fan run twice for a few seconds in mine (XLS 1502), I used the amp for a couple years. It's not dead quiet but also not very loud.

The amp is a steal for what it costs, if you keep an open mind and try a powerful amp you won't return to low watt amps unless you have high sensitivity speakers. I would go 1kW if I could...it's great to have power that drives your speakers the way they should be driven.

I wondered what 3 sets of XLS 2502s actively driving Isobariks would sound like but not sure there would be any difference to the XLS1502s ? The XLS 1502s are stable at 2 ohms which results in total control over the Isobariks.

……….. it would nice to try the 2502s though :cool:

I wonder what these would be like with Maggies.
I heard they are tough to drive like my isobarik Neats so I think it would be a good amp to try.

There is something very free and easy sounding about the way it drives my speakers. I didn’t ever really notice the others struggling until I got this amp and I’m a low level listener.

advertisement

Back