advertisement

[FS] Croft Phono Integrated amplifier

Phyztech

pfm Member
Here is a very nice Croft for sale. Like this amp for its unique sound and design. Perfect condition, no any modifications inside. Don‘t be suspicious with its volume control - in real life it is very easy to set balance and such passive resistor-based solution gives channel separation typically non-achievable for integrated amps of this price range (they’re either Alps or electronic). Has a slight transformer hum that is usual for Crofts but only when idle, any volume increase and it disappears (maybe it is also a dc in my mains as I don’t use filters). Changed one 12AX7 tube in the pre-amp section to the very nice vintage black plate Brimar which I prefer much more - will leave as is without additional cost if you’re interested (standard JJ in the phono section). Looking for £800, based in Cambridge, can ship to the UK address or we can meet in London. However, I’m more interested in parts exchange to Naim cables than sale: 2 Power line, one Power line + £400 or Super Lumina 5din-5din interconnect (in this case I maybe can add something but not much).

Last edited:
Boootiful amp at a very good price, especially with excellent phono stage on board; sadly Croft amps will become rarer and rarer.

advertisement

Back