advertisement

Cricket 2023

England have been rubbish this competition.
They have been fab to watch during the last 4-5 years, but sadly i do think they have not been clinical enough regarding some of their selections. Jacks or Salt were playing better that Bairstow in this format, for example...

They have been fab to watch during the last 4-5 years, but sadly i do think they have not been clinical enough regarding some of their selections. Jacks or Salt were playing better that Bairstow in this format, for example...
The was not the England I recognise. More like a performance I would expect from Scotland 😄

This article contains quite a lot of good points well put, IMO.

My one observation is we should not pick partly fit players when we have such strength in depth in batting, bowling and keeping. The team I saw v Ireland at Trent Bridge contained at least five players that could probably play in South Africa (next 50 over ODIWC venue).

This is weird. SA vs India (2 test series). Day 1 of 2nd test, India need a win to draw silly-short series.

Yesterday I look up time in SA, 2 hrs ahead. So I turn on today at midday, expecting one side to be maybe 100-2.

And I see India are 92-2. Fine all checks out in my head, bit slow runrate I thought, but not unusual for session 1 day 1.

But. I also see 'India lead by 35'. Eh? Must be a mistake. I check the feed isn't a repeat of first test, day 3. Not so.

India.. bowled out SA.. in the first session.. for 55 !?! Bizarre!

Capt

SA bowled out in 24 overs!

Fab cricket this- stunning ground Newlands/ Cape Town, clear blue skies, wickets tumbling, new young tall leftie SA bowler caller Burger pinging em through. Tough batting wicket, obviously.

India 111-4 at tea. Lead by 55.

Capt

JesusHchrist. Just away for 15mins for a sandwich, come back & 6 more wickets had fallen.. for 0 runs!! India all out!

Bonkers test match this. 20 wickets so far fallen today, & another 29 overs left of play!

Pitch might be a bit sus.

!!

Well, obviously so. But it doesn't look -too- bad: & mainly it's simply been exceptional bowling from both teams, & India were 153-4 too (at one stage that is!). And SA are 41-1 at the moment, so back to 'normality'. Stunning cricket.

All the commentators are cooing & wowing & allsorts. Extraordinary test match. Records potentially broken etc.

Capt

I've been recording and watching some of the limited over cricket from New Zealand. Several of the grounds are set in breathtaking countryside, none far from the country's high mountain range. Some of the grounds are reminiscent of English county grounds in the fifties. It's like living in a different age.

It`s probably time we had a new thread for Cricket, I`ve given it a lot of thought and I think it should be called "Cricket 2024"

SA bowled out in 24 overs!

Fab cricket this- stunning ground Newlands/ Cape Town, clear blue skies, wickets tumbling, new young tall leftie SA bowler caller Burger pinging em through. Tough batting wicket, obviously.

India 111-4 at tea. Lead by 55.

Capt
Certainly is, been there for a test. Brewery next door and Table Mountain behind. Bliss!

Certainly is, been there for a test. Brewery next door and Table Mountain behind. Bliss!
Bucket list stuff for me. I do have a distant cousin (wife of my cousin who designed the Hillman Imp, just an added factoid, I think that means she's a cousin of sorts) who lives there & goes to every Test day she can there. As big a cricket nut as us.

My goodness it looked so sweet today. Yes I feel sorry for days 3,4,5 ticketers.

23 wickets in a day = record equalling.
6 wickets for 0 runs = record breaking.

Bonkers day.
I've ended up captaining a side to our club record of 17 all out a couple of years back, the previous record stood for nearly 20 years at 23, I suspect my stint could run longer. The scorecard looked liked binary code, and pretty sure that extras topped scored. I can still see my number four batsman shadow sweeping for a golden duck, stumped.

advertisement

Back