advertisement

Cricket 2023

Tbh we might have won the first two tests with Foakes.
& we might not. That’s the thing, we will never know. There is always a clamour for players who are not playing.

Thing is, they have stuck with Crawley & it massively paid off so the Bairstow situation is, at least, consistent.

I’ve found some of the bowling decisions far more puzzling. Ultimately you can only play 11.

Unchanged squad for the Oval. Showers and light rain a feature of the forecast at the moment.

England: Ben Stokes (Durham, captain), Moeen Ali (Warwickshire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Harry Brook (Yorkshire), Zak Crawley (Kent), Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Ollie Robinson (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Josh Tongue (Worcestershire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Morning everybody. What a marvellous shot that was..

6487901-B-02-B8-4824-82-A4-FCFFE99-D0379.jpg

I don't like that green tinge top. Nor Cummins nipping if off the seam. No swing really yet.. thank god.

My support pony was brought out of his stable for the start, then put back in for 40 runs. Now Duckett nicks off & flukes it, & seems almost out on every other ball.. I've had to bring him out again.

8-C90-DAA1-472-A-4-C10-99-D7-EF980-F508-D17.jpg

You may need to empty the stables at this rate.
Usual Crawley innings by the sound of it - great shots, wafts, luck, great shots, out.

Last edited:
I need a small support mammal too now for the lap, something like a therapy stoat.

Root was too casual there, he seems so totally sure of his abilities he forgets to play himself in.

Brook this inngs.. is batting excellently. Played himself in slowly, picked up the pace without -anything- ott, then after 40 steps on the bazball pedal, but choosing the RIGHT balls to do so.

A cracking innings from him. Moeen too, has played calmly & in a supporting role.

The brains.. are back. Hallelujah.

I've been watching 5 mins and Cummins has beaten Brooks on the outside edge, the inside edge. The lad then went for a suicidal single which would have been miles out if Cummins hadn't missed with the throw. Then a sublime four with perfect timing.
Where's my panic kitten?

Last edited:
I've been watching 5mins and Cummins has beaten Brooks on the outside edge, the inside edge. The lad then went for a suicidal single which would have been miles out if Cummins hadn't missed with the throw. Then a sublime four with perfect timing.
Where's my panic kitten?

Well, that 5 mins was the exception I'd say. Panic kitten:)

After lunch, Brook's 'started again' -perfectly- playing himself in again, nudging to 50 (no daft heaves), & since has played 2 stunning drives for four. ONE horrendous bazball heave-pull as I type just now on 65. But got away with it.

A different batsman to the first 2 tests to me. Mature, using his brain (bar one solitary brainfart).. pls just continue to 100. Please!

Naive from Brooks, the classic left arm set up. Seven down. About 300 would be a good score if these conditions persist and we are well short. Twenty miles to the SE it’s been raining here on and off for three hours.

Naive from Brooks, the classic left arm set up. Seven down. About 300 would be a good score if these conditions persist and we are well short. Twenty miles to the SE it’s been raining here on and off for three hours.
He is rather young, best English batsmen at his age I've ever seen.

advertisement

Back