advertisement

Cricket 2023

They've spent 20mins on Sky on the 'incident'. The strong consensus is on the Aussie side, Atherton and Sangakkara too as well as 'Tubs'.

Pitch seems to be as reported. Hard. Stokes put them in - I'm happy with that. Plenty of overheads today, the weather changes very quickly there. They'd have bowled too.

Heard this morning Stokes is unlikely to bowl, bringing Woakes in now makes more sense.

He reported himself as having had a 'tough day' with that 12 over session. I guess damage was done. Far better he just bats this time round (preferably all 4's and 6's).
He may make the occasional bad decision, but his heart is 100% in the right place IMO.

Wood's first over - the fastest (mp/h) at Headingley since records began (2006) :) He's a touch short though.

G'mornin everyone.

Woohoo! A steaming ball. And Kuwahja finally has a weakness? Such pace- never seen as much since big Dev? Brett Lee pace, just what we needed. And Broad gets his bunny again too. Great relief to see 4 slips.

Very good start (but even so I'm still not sure about the toss, weather best for first 2 days apparently.. I always think you bat first unless it's super obvious to bowl instead). And we're keeping them to 3 an over so far too.

Here's my old house at the Kirkstall Lane end. I'd often watch the game on telly with the door open for atmosphere. I was a YCCC member in those days so spent many an hour after work at the ground.

@Spraggons Den are you at Headingley today then? Fabulous session of cricket this so far.

Smith.. it's all about getting him this afternoon. He's upped the run-rate in no time, fantastic 6 too.

Wood vs Smith. Fascinating battle this will be.

Smith dropped. And an easier chance Head dropped. Just cannot drop these sort of batsmen at this level.
edir reprieve as Smith goes now

@gavreid nice one! Reminds me of my student street, but rather nicer. Nice green frames.

Oh boy, Bairstow drops an easy one.

Got him!! Smith!! Fabulous that from Broad.

5 slips for Broad.. love it. Reminds me of a Bob Willis field.

Now, if we can have tomorrow's decent weather to bat, dare I say it some of today too.. we'd be fully in control.

advertisement

Back