advertisement

Cricket 2023

@canonman How is then we never see bowlers from England, India, Australia and the West Indies bowling with this type of action. My opinion is the ICC have allowed Malinga to continue to bowl due to them being a new test team, when in fact they should have out lawed this from the get go.
I don't know if you have played cricket or not, or how old you are, but if you have, were you ever taught to bowl in such a fashion?

@canonman How is then we never see bowlers from England, India, Australia and the West Indies bowling with this type of action. My opinion is the ICC have allowed Malinga to continue to bowl due to them being a new test team, when in fact they should have out lawed this from the get go.
I don't know if you have played cricket or not, or how old you are, but if you have, were you ever taught to bowl in such a fashion?

There are other bowlers with weird actions but if the ICC deemed them to are legal, so be it.
Yes I play cricket every week. I even bowl underarm sometimes!
How about Paul Adams?
f93d3-15879792890636-800.jpg

@canonman I don't mind strange actions as long as the bowlers arm is straight and goes over his shoulder. Will have to look at the above Adams and watch his action again sometime. I thought bowling underarm was illegal after the Chappell incident, at least it is is one day cricket.

I will add, I'd love to have it explained to me how this slinging action is legal, I remember a Yorkshire cricket, name escapes me, who got banned and his action looked far, far more legal than either any of these slingers or Mularithanan.

@canonman I don't mind strange actions as long as the bowlers arm is straight and goes over his shoulder. Will have to look at the above Adams and watch his action again sometime. I thought bowling underarm was illegal after the Chappell incident, at least it is is one day cricket.

I will add, I'd love to have it explained to me how this slinging action is legal, I remember a Yorkshire cricket, name escapes me, who got banned and his action looked far, far more legal than either any of these slingers or Mularithanan.
Under ICC rules although underarm bowling is illegal, it can be allowed upon mutual agreement of the captains of the two participating teams before the start of the match.

What next, will the scoop shot played so well by the likes of Joe Root or the fielding on the boundary where the ball has gone over the ropes but brought back into the field of play by the fielder while in mid air, will they be deemed illegal by some?

This is modern cricket, like all sports it has evolved with time and incorporated new types of batting, bowling, fielding and more importantly safety.

If you want a more technical reason check the links or consult Google.

https://www.lords.org/mcc/the-laws-of-cricket

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/apr/04/cricket.cricketworldcup20074

Manchester looked a bit worn out having had an epic batting and bowling display the day before with not much time for a rest . It seems being top of the league with no match the day before is helpful , but 5 down and some mega batting by Curran certainly changed the match ,great entertainment

I went with a friend to Trent Bridge yesterday, for a ground tour. £12. Very, very interesting. The guide was very knowledgable, and some of the history of the ground was fascinating. Well worth a couple of hours if you are in Nottingham. Accessed the changing rooms, pavilion, members area, media centre, and lots more.

Manchester looked a bit worn out having had an epic batting and bowling display the day before with not much time for a rest . It seems being top of the league with no match the day before is helpful , but 5 down and some mega batting by Curran certainly changed the match ,great entertainment
Thoroughly enjoyed the Sat eliminator, despite the thunderstorm. Butler was awesome.

We certainly played well against NZ , long may it continue !
Brook excellent again and Malan back in form , Carse bowling impressively with 3 wickets , the team is full of talent

England look different class compared to NZ, I really thought the games would be close. Brook's batting has been superb and we seem to have unearthed a couple of bowling gems in Atkinson and Carse.

advertisement

Back