advertisement

Cricket 2023

I think the suggestion is that although we mostly think of him as a white ball, run-a-ball sort of player he can actually bat in a not get out sort of way and has played higher up the batting order more than many think. Although yeah one suspects it's as much to do with the absence of an obvious replacement.

I suppose it also sort of helps with the balance of the side in terms of fitting in an extra bowler, especially if Stokes is limitd.

Weather looking decidedly dodgy for the last two days so you would think best to win the toss, bat first, score a shit load of runs quickly then bowl Oz out cheaply so they have to follow on and then again - all done and dusted in three days and ready for the decider at the Oval.

No.3 is also about facing the new ball, particularly as Duckett either does well it seems & gets his head down.. or.. equally as likely plays a daft waft & gets out in 2nd over. Root has experience at 3, far better able to deal with the new ball.. Moeen doesn't. But there again neither does Bairstow. If we put Moeen (or Bairstow) 3, & Duckett nicks off early.. it's as likely either will soon after too. So it's a 50-50 gamble IMO, silly. Far better put Root 3 tell him to lump it: he has a ton more knowledge of the new ball. I can't get this 'keep him at no.4 no matter what' thing.. he's arguably the world's best batsman, if anyone has the credentials to shift one place up, to the spot where you customarily -put- your strongest batsman, he fits the bill. Especially if are backs are against the wall in the series.

One more sleep to go before the first day of the fourth test, it seems like it’s been a long wait since Woakes and Wood got us over the line. La Bureau de Change is due some runs as is Bairstow.

The forecast has deteriorated over the past week. We need to win this in 3 days with Saturday looking like a washout and Sunday pretty iffy. Australia will surely want to win the toss and put some hours in to the game. Win toss, bat rack up 400+ as quickly as possible but I've not seen anything about the pitch. If it's green after all the recent rain then it might give bowling options, but either way it's bowl them out cheap in the 1st innings or it's see ya in four years lads.

They would have bowled too for the record. No team has ever won in Manchester after putting the opposition in. Stokes seemed to be unaware of that one!

A bit of bounce and carry again but not a great deal in the pitch.

G'mornin everyone, what a super day we have in store..

E6-B0-D0-C9-8179-4-D88-967-A-6-CF72916-FA3-A.jpg

Well what start. Toss won, ball swinging nicely, & main threat OUT! Woohoo! Looks a great batting track even so.

Must admit I missed Moeen was chosen as no.3 days ago I heard on TMS 1st thing. I guess to get him as mentally prepared as poss. Gamble, could pay off let's see.

Very tense. I feel like I need an emotional support horse already. One of those mini ones you occasionally see on airplanes on youtube.

Great result for our women, & the batting in the series was very impressive (especially Beaumont's 208).

776-E2496-18-B7-49-B0-8-A19-2-F46-A2716-DC2.webp

Classic put the opposition in morning session and where 2 wickets is not quite enough to justify the decision.

advertisement

Back