advertisement

[FS] Creek evolution 100a plus DAC

kwmason

Won Ton On
Selling this wonderful integrated as I continue my downsize journey for my ideal system.
Purchased in the last year and used mainly with a vinyl front end and small Shahinian Larc speakers.
Fully boxed with power lead and manuals.
Comes with Sequel MM phononstage
Optional Ruby DAC fitted complete with FM receiver.
Has Bluetooth aerial for wireless streaming
Complete with remote control.
I really loved the idea of the built in dac, wireless and phonostage but I just don’t use it. My cartridge is MC and I only stream music when travelling hence selling and will run my smaller Creek amp without any extra features until I decide the next move.
PM me for photos.
Currently in use so can be auditioned in North Yorkshire
£800 plus UK postage

Hi Ashley,
The amp is silver. I don’t know the age but I’m sure creek could tell from the serial number

I have the same and it is a great Amp. With both modules, you are looking at north of £2k new for an amp that was viewed as being too cheap in the first place. A bargain.

Cheers for the bump Steve,
i must admit listening to this yesterday it's so impressive. i should have mentioned condition is all excellent.

Hi Ashley,
I don’t know the answer to that. Looking at the booklet doesn’t say. I can remove the cover to check if the module has any reference if you would like

I'm trying hard to resist this as I have enough amplifiers already. That said, please can you confirm whether the Ruby dac is V1 or V2.
There is not much difference. It is the USB input being USB2 (Ruby 2) and V1 on the original. The V1 needs to have a USB lead of around 1m in length, the USB2 can cope with a longer lead. All other inputs inc BT and the FM radio are the same. The FM radio is particularly good, being sensitive and sounds excellent.

Hi,
The module simply says on the exterior Ruby Dac, looks like the older usb b socket. Reading the booklet it says the fax is 24 bit with max sample rate of 192khz

Here's a Ruby dac module
40710-7__70568.1648844629.1280.1280__29779.1652203132.1280.1280__06892.1655317148.jpg

and here's a Ruby 2

2843510-8838d3e2-creek-evolution-100a-integrated-amp-with-phono-and-ruby-2-dac-black.jpg

You'll see there's a difference in the FM input as well, Co-Ax Aerial input on old model and F connector on the Ruby 2.

Hope that helps :)

advertisement

Back