advertisement

Cr 10 20

Why on cheap speakers? Next step is try on your main system yes ??

If I recall correct there's a few tricks to watch as to the bulbs replacement

i have a couple of pairs of speakers to try it out on.
Just using cheap ones on the comp at thte moment.

The ones I loved best were the previous CR800 and CR1000 (all those flick switches)

I was given back a CA1000mk2 which I originally sold. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped and Class A was the only way I could get any ambient information out of it.....

Apart from vintage Luxman, some Denons and hideously priced Accuphase, there's not a huge amount of Japanese amps from the mid seventies that's really much cop. So many of them used huge amounts of global feedback to reduce distortion - trouble is, all the fine detail was lost in the process.

I thought the Yamaha B2 and successors were supposed to be very good - I've never seen one, or even spoken to somebody who has seen one, so it is solely rumor!

B2 are the biz according to the Americans who have them on Audiokarma

There are far less Yamahas available in the UK compared to Germany & America so exposure to & comparisons with them are more difficult to make. My own experience is limited to lower end models but I do rate these very highly & now use one out of preference. Speech is the most natural I've heard & where my amps win over others is in piano, guitar & cymbals there is a ting on the cymbals that is not there on other amps I've tried

advertisement

Back