advertisement

covid - shoud I get tested?

1964meb

pfm Member
Hi Fish

I have a sore throat, a tickly cough. should i get tested?

I dont want to waste resources but am a school teacher.

yes or no

Regards and Thanks

mike

It's more than likely just a tickly cough and a sore throat. They've only been back a week and they're already harbouring germs and spreading colds! Mine has started with some horrible cold.

hi fish

i have a sore throat, a tickly cough. should i get tested?

i dont want to waste resources but am a school teacher.

yes or no

regards

mike

surely for the avoidance of doubt, the answer must be yes. Then you'll know.

I'd say you need to self isolate immediately to protect others, get a test ASAP, and then when you have the result you can decide how to proceed.

Temperature?

Unfortunately, the symptoms vary hugely - FAR more than what is commonly advertised - R4, a couple of days back - someone had general aches and feeling unwell and not much more, eventually got tested after a fight to get the test and was positive.

If your sense of smell is below par, then get a test.

I'd get a test regardless of sense of smell. Whilst loss of senses of smell and taste are a key symptom, loss of either or both. doesn't impact everyone.

The OP needs to self isolate immediately and get a test. Please protect the people around you.

Get yourself the Zoe/C19 app. I've been tracking daily health since the outbreak started. Because you're part of symptom tracking you'll always get a test if they think you need to find out.

I’d have thought there should be some firm guidance here, but yes, very definitely, as anyone in a school environment has the ability to spread the virus far and wide. In any logical world school staff and other front-line workers would be tested repeatedly/routinely. That you actually feel the need to ask demonstrates systemic failure to me.

This shows very clearly why there has to be much more capacity in the system. Testing actually went down in the past week as kids returned to school.

Absolutely no chance of getting a test via uk gov website. i have signed up for one but none are available at present!

Well done Boris. Ao I should isolate with no test. What a waste of me and my duties at school.

Cant go to work now but might only have a mild cold ffs.

Hi Fish

I have a sore throat, a tickly cough. should i get tested?

yes or no

Regards and Thanks

mike

Yes

Also, if I were you I would ask your union if you should call in sick until you are confirmed non-COVID. I wonder what they will say. Please report back on their response.

Cant go to work now but might only have a mild cold ffs.

That's the rub isn't it. Without testing it seems a lot of people will do the opposite and feel obliged to carry on working. Kudos to you for taking it seriously.

“If somebody’s experiencing mild symptoms, and I think most of us can relate to this, we’re still going to go about our day,” says Shaman. “These people are the major driver of it and they’re the ones who facilitated the spread.”
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...e-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/

Get yourself the Zoe/C19 app. I've been tracking daily health since the outbreak started. Because you're part of symptom tracking you'll always get a test if they think you need to find out.
We did exactly that - have been doing the ZOE tracking for some time. Recently came down with COVID symptoms so both got a test through ZOE.
The 'ZOE' test method is to register online for the test - you then get a test kit sent to you which you do yourself then post back to them. Results in a couple of days.
That so much easier that having to drive 30 miles and queue for several hours which is what my sister had to do to get a test as a 'vulnerable person'.
(p.s. tests were negative)

Reactions: MJS
No, you don’t appear to have enough of the symptoms.

People often get a cough or sniffle as the seasons change. This is probably the last place you should be asking for advice from also.

advertisement

Back