advertisement

Couriers - they don't help themselves

I remember when I used to recommend DPD. Yes, they are generally a decent courier but nowadays, totally inflexible.

In the good old days, if you missed a parcel then you could collect from the depot. Yesterday, I got stuck in heavy traffic. For years, the local DPD driver has always delivered in the last few minutes of the 1 hour time slot. Guess what? He came at the start of the 1 hour slot and I missed him, literally, by 2 minutes. Jumped in the car, searched every local street to no avail.

On the DPD website you can enter a postcode to find your local depot. Mine is under 10 minutes away and the opening times, together with directions to get there, are clearly shown. But you can't go pick up a parcel there!

Called DPD and explained that it is a very expensive birthday present and could they allow me to pick up in this instance. Nope. Can you give driver approx area so I can at least try to find him? Nope.

They offer a VIP service, at extra cost of course but don't give a time limit to order. When I try, it's too late. 1 hour slot for today says it will be delivered between 7 and 8 pm tonight! 20 mins on hold to DPD, waste of time of course.

Yes it's my fault that I missed him but I could have collected anytime today.

I use DPD-Local a lot and they have been good. We always have the same driver when delivering to my house which helps. I once arranged a collection from what I thought was an easy to find address in London (other couriers managed to find it) but three collections failed. The drop off at shop service is reliable but parcels may not be collected very quickly, and you may be told that the shop can print a label when it can't.

DPD drivers are arseholes I had one the other day in a long suburban street full of parked cars on each side of the street anyway I turned into the street and spotted arsehole man up the street coming towards me so I flashed him to drive on and I waited at the bottom of the street but he motioned for me to come forward and drive into a space between two cars to let him past ( is it me?) so I did what he asked, then he went mental cause I was driving slowly past the parked cars ie wasn’t driving quickly enough for him, he was like a madman, I just ignored him but it would have been much easier for him just to drive on with me waiting down where I had flashed him to drive forwards. Even if he’d been delivering to one of the houses near the bottom of the street (he wasn’t) I’d have waited as I wasn’t in any rush but the gesticulations from him were totally OTT, I mean I was actually trying to help him out, obviously a heart attack waiting to happen, I swear he was frothing at the mouth as he drove past me.

Had another one last year who decided to block my drive on a Friday evening whilst he was delivering to my next door neighbour, that ended up with me phoning the police and his depot to report him.

They‘re the Audi drivers of the courier world, a bunch of clowns who think they can drive any old way they want and the world will just have to get out of their way.

DPD drivers are arseholes

Had another one last year who decided to block my drive on a Friday evening whilst he was delivering to my next door neighbour, that ended up with me phoning the police and his depot to report him.

They‘re the Audi drivers of the courier world, a bunch of clowns who think they can drive any old way they want and the world will just have to get out of their way.
How did you get the telephone number of the depot?

How did you get the telephone number of the depot?

I had his registration number so phoned DPD In Newcastle who said he was a ‘sub contractor’ and he’d not get any more work from them but that they’d report it to the depot which was Motherwell , Eurocentral, I think.

I know a DPD driver personally and that’s where he worked, he no longer works for them said he they were terrible to work for, he’d been with them for over ten years.

Never heard another thing about it despite them saying they’d keep me updated and the police weren’t interested.

I doubt very much they’d got rid of him probably moved him to another area.

we know 2 DPD drivers, one lives down the bottom end of our road. They are both the most polite and reliable courier drivers we have deliver.

The UPS driver is always jolly.

UPS are not brilliant at communication , they sent me an email on wrong day to say something being delivered but several times i have watched them put stuff in the van carefully and stack it . i noticed a number of Hi Fi items in there too . I do like dpd too

DPD drivers are arseholes I had one the other day in a long suburban street full of parked cars on each side of the street anyway I turned into the street and spotted arsehole man up the street coming towards me so I flashed him to drive on and I waited at the bottom of the street but he motioned for me to come forward and drive into a space between two cars to let him past ( is it me?) so I did what he asked, then he went mental cause I was driving slowly past the parked cars ie wasn’t driving quickly enough for him, he was like a madman, I just ignored him but it would have been much easier for him just to drive on with me waiting down where I had flashed him to drive forwards. Even if he’d been delivering to one of the houses near the bottom of the street (he wasn’t) I’d have waited as I wasn’t in any rush but the gesticulations from him were totally OTT, I mean I was actually trying to help him out, obviously a heart attack waiting to happen, I swear he was frothing at the mouth as he drove past me.

irritating i am sure TT but delivery drivers have an incredibly stressful job. they get shouted at for having to double park , have very tight deadlines which dont allow for traffic jams , get soaked in the rain , barely get time for a pee and then have folks not in and have to carry heavy parcel back to car . very difficult job

UPS are not brilliant at communication , they sent me an email on wrong day to say something being delivered but several times i have watched them put stuff in the van carefully and stack it . i noticed a number of Hi Fi items in there too . I do like dpd too

As I said a friend of mine was a dpd driver and a nicer guy you couldn’t meet.

The Evri drivers who come here are all very nice the latest one is a really nice young woman.

Some Amazon drivers are ignorant shits btw you open the door to them and say ‘hello’ and they just look through you and say nothing. Incredibly impolite.

irritating i am sure TT but delivery drivers have an incredibly stressful job. they get shouted at for having to double park , have very tight deadlines which dont allow for traffic jams , get soaked in the rain , barely get time for a pee and then have folks not in and have to carry heavy parcel back to car . very difficult job

Nothing excuses bad manners nothing.

I drive for a living and I’m stressed at times but I don’t let that affect my interactions with other drivers, least I try not to.

As I said a friend of mine was a dpd driver and a nicer guy you couldn’t meet.

The Evri drivers who come here are all very nice the latest one is a really nice young woman.

Some Amazon drivers are ignorant shits btw you open the door to them and say ‘hello’ and they just look through you and say nothing. Incredibly impolite.
yes amazon drive me nuts sometimes , i am pretty sure they have 400 parcels a day to deliver !!!

yes amazon drive me nuts sometimes , i am pretty sure they have 400 parcels a day to deliver !!!

That’s not my problem if they can’t cope with the workload then don’t do it, going to someone‘s house and behaving like they’re a nuisance for having the temerity to actually engage you in some polite conversation for seconds is completely unacceptable.

I remember when I used to recommend DPD. Yes, they are generally a decent courier but nowadays, totally inflexible.

In the good old days, if you missed a parcel then you could collect from the depot. Yesterday, I got stuck in heavy traffic. For years, the local DPD driver has always delivered in the last few minutes of the 1 hour time slot. Guess what? He came at the start of the 1 hour slot and I missed him, literally, by 2 minutes. Jumped in the car, searched every local street to no avail.

On the DPD website you can enter a postcode to find your local depot. Mine is under 10 minutes away and the opening times, together with directions to get there, are clearly shown. But you can't go pick up a parcel there!

Called DPD and explained that it is a very expensive birthday present and could they allow me to pick up in this instance. Nope. Can you give driver approx area so I can at least try to find him? Nope.

They offer a VIP service, at extra cost of course but don't give a time limit to order. When I try, it's too late. 1 hour slot for today says it will be delivered between 7 and 8 pm tonight! 20 mins on hold to DPD, waste of time of course.

Yes it's my fault that I missed him but I could have collected anytime today.
Rather like my recent experiences. DPD is arrogant and 'entited'...with a 'take it or leave it ' attitude.

rather like my recent experience, DPD are friendly, reliable and polite - and offer some degree of flexibility. Last week the DPD driver asked me if it was OK to deliver 10 mins earlier than the time window

rather like my recent experience, DPD are friendly, reliable and polite - and offer some degree of flexibility. Last week the DPD driver asked me if it was OK to deliver 10 mins earlier than the time window
Did you tell him to use the ‘contact us’ section of your website to ask the question?

advertisement

Back