advertisement

Courier who will cover amps over £200

Lee T

pfm Member
Need a courier who will cover amps over £200.

Only one I have found is UPS which will cost almost £50 including cover.

Anyone know of something a little cheaper.

If it's under 10kg and box size 61cm x 46cm x 46cm you could go Royal Mail Special Delivery, that will cost around £27 and need insured for £500 with next day delivery.

Quick update on this.

Used the overland express option as noted above. I was told it was probably best to use APC as they cover hifi amps over £200.

Amp collected & scanned yesterday so told the buyer to expect it today as it's on a 24 hour option. Nothing arrived, tracking number showing nothing on the site. Contacted overland, guy says there was an issue with the scanner though states his end it does say the amp was collected??

No contact from the guy after numerous emails, no tracking, no amp.

Buyer is being patient but I have a bad feeling about this. Having dealt with many a courier, something feels decidedly off in this case. Really hope i'm wrong otherwise £400 in the bin.

Quick update on this.

Used the overland express option as noted above. I was told it was probably best to use APC as they cover hifi amps over £200.

Amp collected & scanned yesterday so told the buyer to expect it today as it's on a 24 hour option. Nothing arrived, tracking number showing nothing on the site. Contacted overland, guy says there was an issue with the scanner though states his end it does say the amp was collected??

No contact from the guy after numerous emails, no tracking, no amp.

Buyer is being patient but I have a bad feeling about this. Having dealt with many a courier, something feels decidedly off in this case. Really hope i'm wrong otherwise £400 in the bin.

IME, Overland Express are very good, and APC aren't the worst. If you have it confirmed by them they have a collection scan, they you're fine in terms of compensation if it is lost.

Did you take out the optional Hifi insurance to 3K? So you should be covered in full.

As with all services by all couriers, 24 hours is just a guideline they aim for, it isnt guaranteed. (Joke I know)

Collected Thursday at 2pm on a 24 hour service should mean Friday.

It seems the tracking is now up & running, the box is currently at the hub to be out on Monday. Phew :)

advertisement

Back