advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exponential growth is well back on the table. China have locked down 400,000 in Beijing (BBC), America is in a right mess and getting worse with Texas and Florida following New York (BBC). I read some stat on Facebook yesterday suggesting that Covid 19 has already, in just a matter of months, killed far, far more Americans than the Korean war and Vietnam combined. My suspicion is the worst is yet to come...

oh for fcuk sake. A funny old time? Troll.

Here’s the city’s mayor, Sir Peter Soulsby:

Frankly it’s been intensely frustrating. It was only last Thursday that we finally got some of the data we need but we’re still not getting all of it and it was only at 1.04am that the recommendations for Leicester arrived in my inbox. What they’re suggesting is not a return to lockdown, it seems that what they’re suggesting is that we continue the present level of restriction for a further two weeks beyond 4 July. I’ve looked at this report and frankly it’s obviously been cobbled together very hastily. It’s superficial and its description of Leicester is inaccurate and certainly it does not provide us with the information we need if we are to remain restricted for two weeks longer than the rest of the country.

... and this is the director of public health in Leicester, Ivan Browne:

Interestingly it’s very much around the younger working-age population and predominately towards the east part of our city. I don’t think at the moment we’re seeing a single cause or a single smoking gun on this so we need really try to dig down and find out what is going on and it’s likely to be a combination of factors. Information has been challenging all the way through this. It has definitely been challenging and I think as director of public health we have really been pushing for some time to ask for as complete a data set as possible because that’s how we can really effectively start to challenge these things on the ground.

Listened to Jeremy Vine earlier on there and there was a guy from Leicester on saying that the Soulsby guy broke lockdown at least four times to go and visit his girlfriend, the guy was saying that his parents were the victims of some vendetta re a neighbour who kept calling the police and when they turned up there was three of them in the same car/van and that this happened at least three times then he went onto the Soulsby thing basically he was saying it was one law for him and his parents and another law for the lord mayor and the police.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/police-issue-statement-sir-peter-4227934

I can’t understand why 22 blokes are allowed to play football together when all the rest of us have to social distance.

I can’t understand why 22 blokes are allowed to play football together when all the rest of us have to social distance.

The cost of testing for EPL football is astronomical it's in the hundreds of millions I think and that's the price that the EPL had to pay in order to not hand back the broadcasters/advertisers billions in compensation and that's the reason football is being played in England and in some other countries.

I know in Scotland that the cost of a testing kit is about £35k and I think it's maybe £40 per test X all of the players and officials per match but that's nothing compared to what it's costing the EPL to stage games at the moment.

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan and other MPs are taking the Tories apart again. I hope she becomes Labour leader when Starmer steps down.

Jack

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan
@DrRosena

Yesterday,
@Keir_Starmer
@JonAshworth
@leicesterliz
and I, brought a motion to Parliament calling on the Government to introduce weekly testing of NHS and care staff. 331 Conservative MPs voted against it, even though they spent many Thursdays clapping for carers.

You do realise Peter Soulsby is a complete buffoon and as dodgy as they make them:D.
Check him out.
He may well be the worlds biggest arse but his comments re the Government's sketchy and late infections data is echoed by his health officials and councils all over the country.

I think the devil is in the detail. Numerous tests of players/staff, possibly paid for privately, means clubs won’t suffer loss of tv rights payments.

To me it just seems to widen the gap between those that can and those that can't, one law for them and one law for us and if you've got plenty you can just do as you please. It's right what they say, shit does roll downhill :eek:

Exponential growth is well back on the table. China have locked down 400,000 in Beijing (BBC), America is in a right mess and getting worse with Texas and Florida following New York (BBC). I read some stat on Facebook yesterday suggesting that Covid 19 has already, in just a matter of months, killed far, far more Americans than the Korean war and Vietnam combined. My suspicion is the worst is yet to come...
It was the Black Lives Matter/Antifa/organised Left riots wot caused it

He may well be the worlds biggest arse but his comments re the Government's sketchy and late infections data is echoed by his health officials and councils all over the country.

Be the same if any other party was in office, they are all inept but that doesn't fit the pinkish narrative now does it.

I doubt that Labour would have continued with the insane austerity measures the Tories have been following for the past 10 years, so maybe the healthcare system would have been in better shape to cope with the virus.

To me it just seems to widen the gap between those that can and those that can't, one law for them and one law for us and if you've got plenty you can just do as you please. It's right what they say, shit does roll downhill :eek:

I'm the first to condemn that sort of behaviour but the football thing is way more complex basically it's a business decision ie do we hand back billions of quid or do we spend hundreds of millions so avoid paying out compensation to broadcasters etc.

It's not really about the pandemic they're just trying to minimise their losses.

Good God. Intelligence of pond life. Meanwhile, mass brawls on the beaches of South Wales. So much for the 5 mile rule. Whilst I support the theory of Darwinism, these morons will be round to the grandparents at the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53186920

I just figure that all these idiots are not able to get over to Spain, Greece, Ayia Napa etc, to smash the place and each other up, so they're just doing it here instead.

I wouldn't be opening up my borders for these dickheads.

Yes I realise that Andrew but I didn't want to say it. It doesn't set a good example does it?

Why? Money and the national spirit. There's a loads of testing going on and a lot of work behind the scenes to maintain safety levels. It's costing the FA though. They are letting people go and losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back