advertisement

Core Audio Server Ryan Mintz

snuffaluffagus

Has anyone had any experience with Core Audio (Ryan Mintz)?

Or, has anyone had any good experiences, with either product quality, or customer service?

I purchased a server from him over a year ago.
For the limited amount of time I have been able to listen to it,
it has displayed no real sound quality difference compared to a stock Mac mini.

After hundreds of emails, shipping the server and/or power supply back and forth, and exchanging it for several different units, none of them will run for an hour without crashing...

Ryan has only made absurd claims, saying the warranty was void.

Is this an isolated case?

Frustrated consumer

Not a isolated case snuff
do not think they have CE approval as well for europe
top of the range is $64,000

01-17-13: Gopher
If you put your er to the ground there is a ton of shenanigans surrounding core audio and their practices. Strangely, Glory seems to be the only one with the balls to speak of it public ally though I've spoken to at least three others with similar (and worst) stories.

01-17-13: Sunandmusic
Jeeze, these guys need to be reported or at the very least spread the web with bad refs.

I hate this kind of thing. This hobby is a very positive thing to be into, with 99.9% of manufacturers and indeed sellers being legit. Lets face it, there is less and less money to be made in this ever smaller audiophile sector. Lets not muppets like Core Audio or Mac2music or whatever other bullshit name they go by...

You would be best using and standard mini, and following the tips from other members re connections, clean mains feed, solid support, good leads, good USB convertor ect. FORGET these joker companies...

Cant see whay a server should crash all the time?, its just a computer after all with server software. Is the CPU overheating, has it got dodgy RAM ?
Just buy a NAS drive, I use a Synology DS411 and it works great
There are plenty of other ones that get good reviews Qnap, Buffalo Netgear etc

Alan

I have a proliant NS40L with 4 1.5tb drives and a 250gig drive (Came with it) running Nas4free, whole lot 320 quid.

Ryan is actually a PFM member. The big players are not CE rated, so can't be imported into the UK, although we sell the filters which are a fine idea. I've not heard his servers, but yours is the first user report I've come across. Where are you based? And which version did you buy?

advertisement

Back