advertisement

connecting sub(s) with Naim Nac 52/Supercap

snaphappybob

pfm Member
Does anyone know how to connect a sub or preferably 2 subs to 52/Supercap?
As the supercap can connect to multiple amps I thought that, as well as my 250, I could connect the outputs for mono amps such as a pair of 135s to a sub. Anyone have any experience with such a set up or know whether it would work?
Cheers in advance.
Rob

Depends on the sub. Some (most?) effectively have a crossover inside, in which case you should pass the signal through the sub and then on to the power amp. This avoids duplication of LF on both the sub and the mains.

What I'm trying to ascertain is whether the outputs from the supercap, that would normally output to a pair of NAP135s would be suitable to connect to active subs? I can't think of a reason why but I'm no technical expert.

Look on the Naim Forum and do a search

SC out using DIN to RCA

If your Subs have hi level connection cable you can gp direct to speaker terminals using the REL Naim Bassline cable or a copy DIY/Designacble do one. This is how I connected my REL to old Naim Amps.

When running 135s with a nac 52 and Rel storm 3 I connected hi level from back of speakers to the sub. Easy. Recommended connection according to Rel manual. Also Naim olive power amps to high level on Rel - connection must be from speakers, not amp output terminals.
Still have the 52 and Rel in main system to this day.

advertisement

Back