advertisement

Conflicts with Domestic Control

5815027964_c67d1c8f20_o.jpg

May I introduce Exhibit A, presented here merely to provide a point of reference.

Good one Tony,

But you should know better............, the speakers don't blend in with the carpeting. What were you thinking!, now it's time for a time out - just you wait until you Father gets home.

It seems like some are just to eager to roll over and play dead, if you ask me.
" I think Women want Men, that act like Men ".

Loose the freaking skirt already.

Peace,
o_O scar

Tony my wife thinks your speakers are quite a nice design. I do love her. Recently when I was struggling to find a bit of space she said to me 'why don't you move the CNC machine to the living room?'.

Tony my wife thinks your speakers are quite a nice design. I do love her. Recently when I was struggling to find a bit of space she said to me 'why don't you move the CNC machine to the living room?'.

Excellent, she sounds great!

I agree on the design on the Tannoys from a size and proportion perspective, real Yorks look great IMO, it's just the fit and finish on these particular clone cabs is poor, they are just roughly varnished block-board and rather beat-up too, I guess they've got some character. Eventually I'll get some better ones done or maybe try and find some tidy real Tannoy York, even Lanc cabs, or maybe even some Lockwoods to put them in. They sound ok as is and I don't have any domestic constraints so they are just a free box to keep the drivers in at present - I don't consider I paid anything for them, they just came with the drivers!

Correct. They do the vital 20Hz to 90Hz underpinning of the music.
I can almost certainly guarantee that they would amaze you. Well, so would the rest of the sound spectrum too:)
Deep, fast and dynamic.
Horns couple the diaphragms/cones movement to the air in the room in a way not possible with radiating driver arrangements. You do hear the difference.
As a downside, there is the size, the need for at least 4 way, ideally 5 way, or you get the usual horn speaker problems - honk, difficulty trying to integrate a horn with a bass box etc.

I understand that they are tapped bass horns.

This old chestnut, aren't we all in the same boat? Aesthetics are much more important to my other half and mine wants me to get "black boxes and small silver speakers (B&W M1)". Not that they're bad, they're just not as good as what I've got now whch happen to be made of wood and large and knock those little blighters for six.

Worse though is they my wife's idea of 'loud' is several million decibels lower than mine. I love the sound of my kit once it gets a groove on at what I consider to be a sensible listening volume, maybe around 80db or so, but my other half thinks is "way too loud" :-(

advertisement

Back