advertisement

[FS] Complete system sale: Lyngdorf-2170 (with full modules upgrade) + Spendors S3/5R + JPW AP2 + Isotek conditioner + End Game digital transport

andriirad

pfm Member
Due to needs of the funds, I'm selling all my beloved hi-fi setup, includes:
1. Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 with full modules upgrade. This is all in one DAC/PRE/PHONO/AMP with power, enough to drive most of the speakers on market. The very unique thing about these device - is it's room correction feature, which helps you to compensate all of the modes from the sound of your speakers, in your room. So you not gonna hear any blown bass or harsh highs from your system anymore. The way how tye room correction changing the sound of the system is just phenomenal. I mean, you can read quite a few articles in the internet, when people compares the sound of their hi-fi setups, worth 50000£-100000£ without any room correction - with the sound of the same components (primarily super expensive speakers), but using Lyngdorf-2170 or 3400 and says, that with Lyngdorf and room correction, the whole setup sounds if not better, but definitely not worse then with the rest of the components, worth like 20-30 times more than Lyngdorf.
My particular 2170 coming with full 3 modules upgrade, each of what costs 600£. It's a hi-end USB input, analogue/phono input and HDMI input (so you can not only improve the sound of your music, but also the sound of the movies). You can read about each of these modules on Lyngdorf web site.
Also, I'm adding to the Lyngdorf - MOXA ethernet converter, which gives an opportunity for the Lyngdorf - to be visible on your home network and to be controlled by Lyngdorf mobile application, from your phone, which is far more convenient than with any remote control.
In other words, you can easily have this particular device as an endgame DAC/AMP for your system, because to get some major improvement in sound after it, you need to spend 20-30 times more and there are bo guaranties, that you'll be able to succeed - this is how good it is.
2. 2 pairs of speakers: Spendors S3/5R and JPW AP2.
Spendors are basically LS3/5A variation with lush mids and fabulous vocals.
JPWs are a budget option of Audio Note K speakers, using exactly the same drivers and similar crossovers scheme.
Both speakers are in immaculate shape (JPWs has been fully serviced a year ago by Anapeach) and comes with matched metal stands.
3. End Game digital transport, which was my personal discovery and pride. The transport includes Azulle Access 3 mini PC (works as a stand alone solution or as a server part of the transport) + custom made end point, based on Beaglebone Black with AES/SPDIF cape, in a matched metal body. The Beaglebone is running as an end point, havig the best firmware for this purpose - Pure OS. Azulle and Beaglebone are powered by Alo Shanti LPS with power output, based on supercapacitors, so your digital transport won't be affected by "dirty" current from your socket. This power supply brings massive improvements to the sound of the whole system.
Why I've chose Azulle for my setup? Because it appears to be absolutely fantastic solution for this purpose. Remember all these "audiophile graded special PCs" with price of 1000s of £? What are their best features? Fan less build design? Low noise power supply? SSD? Azulle have it all by default, with opportunity to be powered by external power supply and non of the "super audio PCs" has power supply, based on super capacitors, as my Azulle)
Also there is one more crucial "tweak" for the transport side, which moves the SQ to another level. Azulle mini PC has Euphony Audio Operation System, installed on it, which make it sound absolutely remarkable! This was absolutely eye opening turning point, in building of my hi-fi setup, when I've decided to try this OS in my audio system. I was lucky to buy a permanent license for a previous version of this OS (3.5), for the price of 300$, before it has been moved to version 4.0 and subscription based plan. I've used to listen streaming services via Euphony (first Tidal and then Quobuz). The system includes even build in HQ Player Embedded, so you can upsample on the go, all of the streaming content from Tidal and Quobuz to PCM or DSD! However, with Lyngdorf you don't need it at all, as the device converting everything to PCM 24/96 by default.
Also I've added the separate wifi repeater in Bridge mode - to create independent wifi network for my digital audio setup. I've read some articles that it will improve the SQ of the system and it actually did. I mean, you can take it with a grain of salt of course, but well - it definitely not gonna make the things worse, if you'll think about it) Also, Azulle and Beaglebone are getting network connection from separate wifi repeater, through professional network optical convertors. Nowadays you may find quite a few "audiophile graded" devices with the same functionality, but with enormous price tag. I just went more reasonable way and bought the converters, from trusted professional segment, which are well known for their quality and stability.
Again, all these components are making this digital transport setup a true endgame solution, which outperform all of the Auralics and other crazy priced devices, what you may find on market. I was never planning to upgrade it at all, as every link was made and prepared as best as its possible.
4. All of these devices are plugged in Isotek Mini Sub power conditioner, which improves the sound quality a lot. Lyngdorf, Alo Shanti and Isotek itself are powered by Puritan power cables and the external power supply of the separate wifi repeater, is powered by Isotek power cable.
As a speakers cable I'm using trusted Duelund 16AWG 2.5m cables, as digital UDB cable - 0.5m Wireworld Starlite and as optional SPDIF cable - double silver core custom made COAX (the best I've ever tried). As ethernet cables, I'm using the cables, made from oxygen free copper.
As you may see "the weakest" point of this setup - are the speakers. Saying that I don't mean that they sounds bad - not at all! But this is the only part, I was thinking to upgrade at some point - just to push the sound of the system even further, as for DAC/AMP and transport, I've reached end game here. So I can proudly say that buying this system - you will save all the time, I've spent on the tests and researches - to find the best components for it and you will get the sound, which will take your breath away, no matter of the house and the room, you will use this system in.
The price for all is 4500£. All is located in Swindon. I can offer my service - to setup all of these devices at your location, after purchase, if you need this kind of help.

Last edited:
Are the Spendor the S3/5R2 or the the previous model.
They are previous model speakers - original S3/5R, you may rarely see on the market, nowadays.
Comes with original box and paperworks + perfectly matching Atacama stands, which are also in amazing shape.

you may well be better listing prices individually

Well, I don't really want to sell separately the Lyngdorf and the digital transport, as it brakes whole sense of the end game solution for both of these links of the system.
However, I might sell separately the speakers with the stands. So, Spendors might go for 600£ and JPWs for 350£
The rest of the system is 3900£.
All together is cheaper, as you may see.

Whole system can be fully controlled by phone (this is how I use it), as the Lyngdorf and Euphony has nla native applications for that.

Really struggling to get my head round what is on offer here, the end game transport looks to be budget Panasonic universal???

Looking to buy a Lyngdorf but I can't really tell what else is included, can you list actual items, make and product numbers please with our the cloned names

Really struggling to get my head round what is on offer here, the end game transport looks to be budget Panasonic universal???

Looking to buy a Lyngdorf but I can't really tell what else is included, can you list actual items, make and product numbers please with our the cloned names

Sorry for making it a bit unclear. Please, check the prices for the Lyngdorf and the transport (which includes multiple items), below.
Lyngdorf 2170 + MOXA (to control 2170 with the application, from the smartphone) + Puritan power cable - 2850£
Digital transport, which includes: Azulle mini PC with Euphony OS v3.5 (permanent license) installed on it + Custom built end point (Beaglebone black + AES/SPDIF cape) + Alo Shanti LPS - to power both of the units + optical converters + separate wifi router for all of it + Puritan power cable for Shanti - 600£
Isotek MiniSub + Puritan power cable - 375£

p.s: Blu ray player is not a part of the audio system and it's not for sale ;-)

Re the 2170, how old is it? Does it include the original box, instructions, manuals, mic, stand, remote control etc. Any marks or flaws?

Re the 2170, how old is it? Does it include the original box, instructions, manuals, mic, stand, remote control etc. Any marks or flaws?

It's about 5 years old. I've got no original box and paperworks. Also there is no remote included (however controlling with a phone app is much nicer than with an actual remote).
It's coming with original measuring mic, microphone stand, 7m XLR microphone cable, MOXA + MOXA to Lyngdorf cable. Also I might add Wireworld Starlite USB cable.
The condition of 2170 is amazing with only a few marks from gentle using. I would personally rate it as 9/10.

Was listening all this time to the system and kinda thinking of keeping it (as it sounds so gooood), but still have to let it go - to release the funds for the purchase, for my another hobby ;-)
The prices are going down:

Lyngdorf 2170 + MOXA (to control 2170 with the application, from the smartphone) + Puritan power cable - 2500£
Digital transport, which includes: Azulle mini PC with Euphony OS v3.5 (permanent license) installed on it + Custom built end point (Beaglebone black + AES/SPDIF cape) + Alo Shanti LPS - to power both of the units + optical converters + separate wifi router for all of it + Puritan power cable for Shanti - 500£
Isotek MiniSub + Puritan power cable - 300£

The prices are going down again for

Lyngdorf 2170 with full modules upgrade + MOXA (to control 2170 with the application, from the smartphone) + Puritan power cable - 2300£

If you have an interest in complete system with services JPW AP2 speakers and stands - I might offer really great discount ;-)

For the last couple of month I wasn't really push the sale of this set and it's been connecting dust on my shelf all this time) So I guess it's a right time to offer some massive discount and speed up the sale. Let it be 3000£ for everything + I can deliver whole setup within 100 (+/- 20) miles from Swindon.
Don't let such an amazing setup pass by you ;-)

3000£ for complete audiophile system, excluding the speakers. You won't be able to find anything remotely close to such a SQ for this money.

Ok, let's speed it up a bit more: 2750£ for everything. Complete endgame setup (no speakers) with all cables and power conditioning. I can't see how you can make this deal look better ;-)

At what point in the thread did the speakers get excluded I've lost track?

The speaker been sold separately a while ago. I wasn't really bumping this topic for a few moths, so might just missed to specify that the speakers are no longer a part of the set. However, looking how it's all started from 4500£ for everything, speakers including and now you can get the same system, but with no speakers for 2750£, I guess there is no reason to be disappointed ;-)

advertisement

Back