advertisement

Comparisons Please

Audionote Ks with Js

Chord CMP2065 with Ultima

Sugden A21SE with Masterclass ANV-
ANK’s/ANJ’s. Simply ‘night and day’ when comparing the two. ANJ’s are streets ahead on scale and weight, far closer to ANE’s.

ANK’s/ANJ’s. Simply ‘night and day’ when comparing the two. ANJ’s are streets ahead on scale and weight, far closer to ANE’s.
Thanks That is what I suspected. I suppose I really just want a change of laminate on my ANJs

Huge enthusiasm for the a21se amp , one heck of an amp . there was a beauty IA4 at moorgate recently for 3299 with a years warrenty. even better than the a21se . Now the ANv-50 i dont find huge love for it , might be wrong but one or two i know have been less than impressed .

not too sure if sugden a good match with ANj though , others might have an opinion there

Huge enthusiasm for the a21se amp , one heck of an amp . there was a beauty IA4 at moorgate recently for 3299 with a years warrenty. even better than the a21se . Now the ANv-50 i dont find huge love for it , might be wrong but one or two i know have been less than impressed .

not too sure if sugden a good match with ANj though , others might have an opinion there

Thanks for response. I do have the Masterclass with ANJs. Playing chamber music or small group jazz I love the coupling. Though I am hugely curious about the a21sr

I ran AN-K's for a few years with an Oto se (el84's) and moved to the AN-J's. I was initially shocked at the difference, much more body and weight but eventually I found it was just too much of a good thing, much too lush as it were. I would have been happier sticking with the K's. You live and learn.

I guess it’s all about preference at the end of the day. ANK’s sounded ‘thin’ to me, but of course they would if one requires deep bass, the foundation of musical presentation in my book. ‘Horses for coarse’s’!

advertisement

Back